Opinions on this blue and red Sigrune

Thanks Received
I've seen this one in some collections. and one like it is pictured as part of the Baker collection in Youth Led By Youth vol3 page 71. What is the opinion of members here on this one, good or not?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Personally , in my opinion ...I don't like it .
The early oberbann color system had strange colours , yes ; but those early sigrunes were made out of machine embroidery not machine-woven , the machine-woven ones had the standard 6 different styles as you know .

Thanks for the reply Joe. One thing to ponder, here's an example of an early that appears to be woven and it passes the burn test, and black lights okay. I think there are a few examples of early woven versions, like this one. I've posted the embroidered version and the woven version of this one.

Attachments

Here is another picture of a couple like the first one posted in this thread. Interesting also in the photo is what appears to be your Obergebietsjunkvolkfuhrer rune Joe.

Attachments

Wow Daren .
Is that photo from another old Collection ?
I bought that Obergiebet sigrune aprox 10 years ago .

Thanks for the reply Joe. One thing to ponder, here's an example of an early that appears to be woven and it passes the burn test, and black lights okay. I think there are a few examples of early woven versions, like this one. I've posted the embroidered version and the woven version of this one.

I am proven wrong. I actually like this one .

Joe, I think the group photo is from a really old collection from Europe. If I recall I got the photo from Saris some time ago and he said it was from an old friend's collection. Interesting to see the way things travel around!

Back