Pre-1934 DJ sigrune ?

Thanks Received
Hello

I need your opinions about this red sigrune on a dark blue background. Are you agree with this colors combination?

Thanks

Edit: External photo hosting links aren't allowed by the admin Lauri. I've added the pictures from the link.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks to be pre 1933 sigrune , homemade by the youths mother .

some of these home made items are so sweet great little badge you have there

steve

Guys
If it's home made, how does one go about proving authenticity? I am sure there are ways but it's got me buggered :blink:

Great question Pat. Burn test is one way, modern threads have some plastics in them for strength and will melt into a ball. Modern materials will normally really light up under U.V. as well. If you compare an item with a modern white T shirt and it glows the same or very close to it, there's a good chance it's modern. Sometimes hands on is the only way to really check an item like this out, and it requires some faith I suppose. These aren't too heavily faked at the moment I think but that could change any day. There are fakes of the RZM Oberbann runes, study them closely. This company makes fake HJ insignia, not great at this point but will no doubt improve with time.

Then I wonder if it's possible for a sinister little rascal to home make thread with no plastic content. Hope not:001_unsure:
I thought only whites glowed. That's a good tip that there's other colors the glow too.
Hi Pat,
please,excuse me but I remind you that the pre 1934 cloth insignia of this time, were often made at home.
Families still had no money.........
Look at the photos of this period and I think that you will understand without difficulties.:001_smile:
Best regards
Eric

Last edited:
I am not questioning the authenticity of the piece in this thread. Far from it. All I am doing is exploring the possibilities on how an item such as this could be faked in modern times. My downfall is that I am always looking at ways people could be doing this.
No implications were meant to be made.

I am not questioning the authenticity of the piece in this thread. Far from it. All I am doing is exploring the possibilities on how an item such as this could be faked in modern times. My downfall is that I am always looking at ways people could be doing this.
No implications were meant to be made.
yes Pat, I agree with you:thumbup1:

Another one with red rune on black background, woven construction.

Attachments

Back