Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Please login to view user info
    Looking good Ewan

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    heres my new black/gold or yellow? sig rune patch
    Very well done Shane. That's not an easy one to find. I'd be happy to have it in my collection.

Ewan, your collection is coming along nicely. You should be able to find the others you need in time. I used want ads on the various forums with some success to find the Oberbann 6.

nick & darin thanks for the comments and darin i shall just try that cheers!!

shane nice patch was it the one from the booty site a couple of weeks back?

cheers ewan

yea it sure was. It was my birthday gift to myself..

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan stirling View Post
    hi guys does anyone know why only the oberbann 1 sigrune patches have the stiched up sides

cheers ewan
    I can't locate my reference at the moment Ewan but the patch with the stitched sides was worn that way (stitched onto the shirt as a full square) for a time. Let me have a dig through my stuff and I'll see if I can find the reference. It wasn't the patch for Oberbann 1 at that time though as the Oberbann system had been abolished by then.

Edit: The 'Organisationsbuch der NSDAP' for 1936, 37 and 38 show that the patch was worn this way by all DJ from DJ boy up to and including Stammführer (1936 and 37) and Oberjungstammführer (1938). Ranks above that had special rune patches denoting their rank. I do remember reading a source which stated that the square patch was only worn by those with a rank but I can't put my finger on exactly where I read that. Edit: here is a later thread where I mention that source.

Although the 'Organisationsbuch der NSDAP' for 1938 still shows the patch in this configuration I have a further reference from 'Vorschrift über den Jungvolkdienst' dated 1.2.1938 which says 'the rune patch is to be sewn on to the shirt such that the brown material cannot be seen' so 1938 would seem to be the year when the patch reverted to the more common round configuration.

Here's a photo (dated 1938) I have showing the square patch in wear:

EDIT: explanation for the wearing of square pink rune patches

jgvfuzt..gif

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    I can't locate my reference at the moment Ewan but the patch with the stitched sides was worn that way (stitched onto the shirt as a full square) for a time. Let me have a dig through my stuff and I'll see if I can find the reference. It wasn't the patch for Oberbann 1 at that time though as the Oberbann system had been abolished by then.

Edit: The 'Organisationsbuch der NSDAP' for 1936, 37 and 38 show that the patch was worn this way by all DJ from DJ boy up to and including Stammführer (1936 and 37) and Oberjungstammführer (1938). Ranks above that had special rune patches denoting their rank. I do remember reading a source which stated that the square patch was only worn by those with a rank but I can't put my finger on exactly where I read that.

Although the 'Organisationsbuch der NSDAP' for 1938 still shows the patch in this configuration I have a further reference from 'Vorschrift über den Jungvolkdienst' dated 1.2.1938 which says 'the rune patch is to be sewn on to the shirt such that the brown material cannot be seen' so 1938 would seem to be the year when the patch reverted to the more common round configuration.

Here's a photo (dated 1938) I have showing the square patch in wear:

jgvfuzt..gif
    hi garry thanks that will explain it thanks thats great info and what makes this forum thee best!

Just got this Oberbann 2 uniform removed in. Neat little worn example. Came in a straps deal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

yes saw that very odd straps. :canada:

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    Just got this Oberbann 2 uniform removed in. Neat little worn example. Came in a straps deal.
    nice uni removed one mate, have i see that somewhare not so long ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan stirling View Post
    nice uni removed one mate, have i see that somewhare not so long ago?
    Indeed Patrick, WAF Estand last week.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast