Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    a sealed pattern badge very nice

Pete, I like yours, looks like an early variant. These are non regulation insignia so there are some anomalies. As Paul said, if it blacklights okay, and a thread burns, not melts, I'd be happy to have it in my collection. Edit, look at the red rune white background rune I posted on the first page of this thread. Backing looks very similar.

Garry, still my second favorite rune, right behind the 201. Hope someday they will be reunited. Thanks for posting it.
    Last edited by Gefolgschaft; 16th June 2009 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Backing information.

Please login to view user info
    Here's mine, removed from shirt
    Attached Images Attached Images

I never get tired of looking at that sigrune of all sigrues from Garry simply beautifull

Nice one panzer, the uniform removed ones are my favorite. Too many unissued ones around.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    Pete, I like yours, looks like an early variant. These are non regulation insignia so there are some anomalies. As Paul said, if it blacklights okay, and a thread burns, not melts, I'd be happy to have it in my collection. Edit, look at the red rune white background rune I posted on the first page of this thread. Backing looks very similar.
    i had noticed yours when posted, i have not black lighted it as yet , ill get round to it one day, theres a chance on it being right , we''ll have too see.

Who got it ?

Quote Originally Posted by bronydd View Post
    ive had a number of diffrent coloured patches, heres one ive had for a while and would like fellow members opinions, all comments would be welcome. cheers pete.
    Thought this might be useful Pete.

Here's the ID photo of a boy who joined the DJ in 1931 wearing what looks to be the same patch. The fold in the sleeve seems to go underneath the patch at the top which may be an indication that the patch is indeed stiff.
    Attached Images Attached Images

interesting early pic rarely seen variation , makes the case for home made a bit stronger

PAUL

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast