BDM-Einsatz-Popow Wartheland 1940 cufftitle

Thanks Received
Hello all. Recently acquired this BDM cufftitle from kpemig and wondering what you all think? I've seen a few other personal made CT's and to me it seems to be correct by close comparison.
In the linked thread below, if you scroll down a few short posts to the bottom is a good photo posted by Garry of a personal made BDM Osteinsatz CT for comparison.
http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f18/bdm-osteinsatz-cufftitle-9341/

Was there a set standard for how personal ones were to be made? They usually appear to be made of the same materials with the letters in the same fashion.
Does anyone know anything about what this cuff title was for? Is it like for Landjahr serving in the area on the CT?
Thanks.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi,

The wording would suggest a possible connection to the BDM-Osteinsatz or that this was a specific event in 1940 that may or not have been related to the Osteinsatz. In the context of the Osteinsatz, the year and location (Wartheland) make historical sense and, as you point out, we know that home-made cufftitles were worn by some girls involved in the Osteinsatz and also the Kinderlandverschickung programme. There is a lot of information on the BDM Osteinsatz in the RZM regulations but unfortunately they never mention a CT although we know that they were worn.

Whether the CT is authentic or not is difficult to say but certainly as far as its appearance is concerned, a strong case can be made. How long is it?

Thanks. There appears to have been a standard Osteinsatz CT but as I say, I haven't found anything in the regulations about it. That thread also shows a home-made "Osteinsatz" CT.

Back