BDM sleeve band "RJF Stab"

Thanks Received
Hello to all,

I wish to obtain your opinion about a cuffband BDM. It seems to me that this band is authentic because the used tissue (color and weaving) is identical to several bands which I was able to examine. Nevertheless, this cuffband is different of two other identical RJF bands which I know. Indeed, absence of point between letters RJF ( R.J.F) and difference in the weaving of the shape of letters. As it is about a weaving in the hand, I think that it is possible to find a little bit different writings. I wish to obtain the opinion of the enlightened collectors of this forum. Beforehand thank you. Cordial greetings.

Polux

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

More images.

Attachments

Hi, I know nothing about these in terms of construction but the first thing I would do is to look for photographs of the RJF-Stab being worn and see if you can find one without the dots. There won't have been many of these around during the TR, as I'm sure you know so this deviation would need to be explained. Hopefully another forum member will know more.

... first thing I would do is to look for photographs of the RJF-Stab being worn and see if you can find one without the dots...

Garry is right, that will be the best you can do, appart from usual flame check and black light test (which will just prove that it is no cheap copy, but proves nothing else).

A great looking cufftitle , however ; for me I would rather have an example with R.J.F. ...also I have seen maybe 12 BDM cufftitles for leaders in my over 35 years of collecting ( I own two) and all have some amount of corrosion to them .

Back