Cuff title "Baldur von Schirach" and sleeve triangle "RJF Stabswache Berlin""

Thanks Received
HJ leader Willy Raspe as member of the "Stabswache Baldur von Schirach".

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello,

I asked for a close-up of the triangle... that should be : RJF Stabswache Berlin.

No answer yet.
Best regards

For your information:
it looks as Raspe has no ranking insignia upon his brown shoulder-straps. Anyway it is
not visible; the worn lanyard is speckled, and could be the form as worn by a Gefolgschaftsführer
in green/white. The worn buckle is according to a low rank. It is known however that occasionally also
higher ranks did wear the rectangular buckle (see my handbook page 470 where the highest Landjahr
leader Schmidt-Bodenstedt also wears one).

Maybe someone knows more about Raspe in the period about 1934/1935/1936.

The worn triangle is indeed and positively as "RJF Stabswache Berlin", as is in my handbook on
page 542. Stabswache is arched. The photograph is one of the rarer I have ever seen. I wonder if he
might be wearing a bayonet instead of the regular HJ dagger.

This information was kindly supplied by mr. Kai Winkler, for which I thank him!

Last edited:
With a later photograph of Raspe it seems he is no longer a member from the
Stabswache. With his greatcoat he is anyway wearing black shoulder-straps with
the rank-pips for Gefolgschaftsführer. It is a pity however the indication is not possible
to be identified. Can't make out if it is a number or a letter. The form is in my opinion no W.

With his visored cap, he is wearing the 1937 version of SA eagle and above the visor
he is wearing cords.

I forget to mention with the other photo he is wearing a traditions-Litze with the triangle.

Last edited:
Taken a better look at all the photographs, I am now convinced the number for his
shoulder-strap with the other photograph is 92, which stands for Braunschweig-Stadt
within the Niedersachsen-district.
This may mean he possibly was a member from a Flieger-Gefolgschaft from that area.

At the back of some of the photographs there is a stamp for the photographer Willy Raspe at
Braunschweig. I guess this was the father for young Willy.

One of the photographs shows him in the Reichsarbeitsdienst. The number 183/35 stands
for a unit in the Niedersachsen-Ost-district and was possibly stationed at Gifhorn, north
of Braunschweig (there it was anyway stationed in spring 1939).
Maybe of interest to know:
the unit 183/5 was granted within the RAD the name of "Die Thoringe", but this was during the
war in March 1941.

Last edited:

Hello,

Kai Winkler (http://www.history-shop.de/), whom I thank very much for his kindness, sent me an enlargement of the triangle. We can read, as expected (!?) " RJF Stabswache Berlin ".

First time, I see a picture showing the triangle, the cuff tittle and much more of this unit.

Best regards

Attachments

Excellent piece of information fro all of you, THANKS.

Is it worth the price?

Regards

Antonio

Sonny, in post 9 I told you what the triangle says. I got also a close-up from it from Kai,
but did not have the opportunity to show it as I was gone for a while.
He gave me also the other information from my earlier posts, related to the other photographs.

Heran, to be true the price is indeed quite high for that smaller grouping of photographs and
the business-card. As far as I am informed mr.Winkler is "in business" with somebody about
selling. He was made various offers (I think it finally will sell for 400,-. This is a price mr.Winkler
had in mind at least)!

Last edited:

Hello Wim (and all the fellow collectors),

Learning never ends... and, what chance it is, our enthusiasm is always the same !!!

Best regards

Interesting , it looks like the armband is the printed style (I could be wrong) and also the armband seems to have a property stamping on it .
Hello,

Just for you...

Polux

Hello Wim,

It is the photo of Winkler bought in 2013 during the regular reductions made by this trader. Attached an enlargement of the band. Cordial greetings.

Polux

Attachments

Back