I've bought a small collection

Thanks Received
Today I've received some more pieces for my collection :001_rolleyes:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Some really nice items there H :thumb:

Is the cufftitle at bottom right a 'HJ-Streifendienst' or 'HJ-Streife'?

I love the HJ Streifendienst cufftitle!! Congratulations man!!!

Regards

Antonio

Hi Garry, it's a 'HJ-Streife'. Cut to size of 12,5 cm length. That's what I've told in the cufftitle collection thread:
'HJ-Streife' cufftitles are short 'HJ-Streifendienst' cufftitles with cut off letters 'ndienst'. I'm not sure if 'HJ-Streife' as original cufftitle were existent! In my case I can clearly see that there were more letters at the right side.

Some really nice items there H :thumb:

Is the cufftitle at bottom right a 'HJ-Streifendienst' or 'HJ-Streife'?

Oh, they definitely existed. I had one myself which I've since sold. With the permission of the owner Toby showed a photograph last year where the 'HJ-Streife' cufftitle was clearly shown. Hopefully he'll see this thread.

Edit 2021: more info on the introduction of the HJ-Streife CT at the link below:

HJ-Streife cufftitle

Yes, as Garry says, they definitely existed.

Below, courtesy of Robert Noss, is (part) of the portrait photo showing the Streife cuff in-wear.

Best,
Toby.

Attachments

Hi Toby,

great photo but I'm not sure! I try to explain in English, my German would be a little bit better :) Please have a look: if this young man would have a HJ-Streifendienst cufftitle, most of the last letters would not be readable! So I think, the letters 'ndienst' are cutt off! We can't see the details and the rest of the small holes were the threads/yarn/fibres were.

My theory is that lots of cuff titles were modified in this way so we can find lots of photos with cuff title 'HJ-Streife'. As I said in the other thread, the short word 'Streife' was common in colloquial speech! In German we say, 'Ich gehe auf Streife'. That's shorter and more usual as 'Ich habe Streifendienst' oder 'Ich gehe zum Streifendienst'. Because of this I'm not satisfied of your opinions - until I see a 'HJ-Steife' cufftitle in full lenght without cut off letters!

Regards,
Sven.

Yes, as Garry, they definitely existed.

Below, courtesy of Robert Noss, is (part) of the portrait photo showing the Streife cuff in-wear.

Best,
Toby.

Hi Sven,

As Garry mentioned, I sold him a Streife cuffband some time back which was of a good length. If I am not mistaken, Garry subsequently sold it to Tomas and Tomas now shows it in his cuffband thread. So, myself, Garry and Tomas have all seen a complete cuffband. In addition, I have shown you a photo which I believe, clearly shows such a cuffband in-wear.

QED

Best regards,
Toby.

Nice haul there sven love the pictures thanks for posting

steve

Back