Jörg von Frundsberg cufftitle

Thanks Received
Anyone that have any thought about this one HJ SA ??? regards tomas

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
I dont like it , but this is just my opinion .

Yes better pics are needed,but if it is a period piece i would almost say it is homemade

Just been reading some stuff which concerned the HJ Einsatzgefolgschaften and the DJ Einsatzfähnlein. These were ordered by Stabsführer Lauterbacher in 1938 in Berlin, Munich, Hamburg and Dortmund to act as honour guards for large parades/visits. Anyway, it's mentioned in the order that these units were authorised to have honour names and that a CT was permitted for wear. This Frundsberg CT may therefore be such an item. The units only consisted of 120 personnel so I wouldn't have thought that the RZM would have been involved in the production of such a small run so perhaps we also have an explanation for the home-made appearance too.

Just been reading some stuff which concerned the HJ Einsatzgefolgschaften and the DJ Einsatzfähnlein. These were ordered by Stabsführer Lauterbacher in 1938 in Berlin, Munich, Hamburg and Dortmund to act as honour guards for large parades/visits. Anyway, it's mentioned in the order that these units were authorised to have honour names and that a CT was permitted for wear. This Frundsberg CT may therefore be such an item. The units only consisted of 120 personnel so I wouldn't have thought that the RZM would have been involved in the production of such a small run so perhaps we also have an explanation for the home-made appearance too.

good info mate! whares matt these days,hope hes ok?:confused:

info rgdg RZM

Hi Gents,

just flicking through some older posts and dug out this thread. Great info Garry, no doubt about that. However, I know that there were MHJ units with very low numbers of members - we are talking about half a dozen. Anyway, they all got a cap tally - I consider the manufacturering costs been about the same. So a little unit strength didn't stop them from making proper insignia.
Another good examples would be probably the Rundfunkspielschar triangles or Wachgefolgschaft BvS CT.

Anyway, what I observed at period handmade items that they ALWAYS had a decent appearance. I don't think any mother/grannie would have sent the offspring with a CT like that out of the front door. Also, the vast majority of females these days had very very good skills in regard of knitting/embroidery/etc. This CT looks a bit to me as made by the boy himself.

Just thoughts.

Rgds

Daniel

Last edited:
And very valid thoughts they are too Daniel. Fair point on the cap tallies. Having said that though wasn't the MHJ Gefolgschaft the smallest unit marked on the tally i.e 3/228 Gelsenkirchen? This would denote a total produced for each Gefolgschaft of around 100-150?

Back