Kinderlandverschickung cufftitle for discussion

Thanks Received
Helmond, Netherlands. My hometown is located near
A picture of this cuff title can be seen in Angolias book on the HJ volume 1, page 191.
A jolly good reason to inspect it in detail. Angolia is known to have invented his own facts and information, manipulated images, parroted incorrect information... to mention but a few things....

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Steiner, is it possible to post further images? Full frontal, reverse, stitching etc..... the kinds of images that collectors of these would need to make better assessment.
Merci.

Isn't the reverse embroidery not shown with the vertical photo (second) in post 1?

Yes Wim, you are correct. It is shown. I'd really like to see this one in hand before I made any call on it personally. I have not handled one before so I can't be certain on it. I don't want to say it's good or bad as I really just am not sure.

Enclosed are a couple of shots of the stitching taken from the back.

steiner

Attachments

I have had the opportunity to review this cuff title in details. She have the most typical features of a genuine item.

Attachments

Paul A , said on this very forum in the past that one tag is for the cuff maker the other for the tailor who embroidered it , as we also see double RZM tags on many other youth and SS cuffs to name a couple! maybe he can let us know the source of his info

I have had the opportunity to review this cuff title in details.
What "details" in particular showed you that it was genuine, and did you take images of any?
It would be interesting for me, to see what other areas of the hobby are using to authenticate, or using in a test. How you go about it.
What features are inspected, and what are they compared to?

Construction is typically the same as SA cuff titles (Emil Müller, Karl Roos,...). I was helped by a friend of mine which has several exemplar in his collection. The two RZM tags (A/B or A/C) is the norm for this kind of Ärmelstreifen. The UV or burning tests are negative. I will try to make photos in natural light ASAP. I do not have others KLV cuff titles to compare. This is the only negative issue in my opinion.
I have also taken time to examine the woven fabric, the embroidery and edgings finition. It would be great if someone has others tips to orient my own research.

I cannot find anything about what the official cuffband should be or how it should look like.
As far as I was able to look, I do not see anything in the Reichsbefehle, but I must say I
do not have all of them. It is not mentioned anyway in the Mitteilungsblatt der RZM.
That's for sure. Not even as a new article-number.

Here some other information about KLV and about cuffbands, designed on own hand!

Attachments

Lagerleiter with KLV CT.

Attachments

Hi Bertl,

Great postcard, with lots of detail. A quick question why is the guy wearing a DJ buckle and a HJ arm band ?

Best regards...Reguards

Valid question, the picture appears to have been taken around 1938. He wears a DJ leader's cap and Fähnleinführer shoulder boards, which only existed from 1938. The DJ buckles were also abolished around 1938, but I can't understand why he was wearing an HJ armband.

Back