KLV "KInderlandverschickung" cuff title

Thanks Received
Hello

Some pictures related to the KLV cuff title.
This CT belongs to a Flemish collector, unfortunately it is shortened.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Kinderlandverschickung-cufftitle in wear

Another Kinderlandverschickung cufftitle in wear.

Duits.

Attachments

Interesting photo of a rarely observed cuff title. Thanks for sharing :thumbup1:

For whose interested, the owner agrees to sell his KLV CT.

Lauri

Kinderlandverschickung-Kommandantur

I wonder would there have been a special cufftitle for the Kinderlandverschickung Kommandantur ??

Duits

Attachments

Is this the shortened one you mentioned in post #1 Lauri? I was looking for KLV material online and came across it.

Attachments

Possibly a Kinderlandverschickung cufftitle in wear .

Attachments

Is this the shortened one you mentioned in post #1 Lauri? I was looking for KLV material online and came across it.

Yes Garry, it is the same.

Hello,

Very interesting, but this organisation had nothing to do with the HJ. As you can see, the uniforms of the teachers were not HJ uniforms. The only "HJ members" involving within the KLV were the children and they were here as children taken away from the bombed cities and not as HJ members (as that was the fact during the summer camps, for exemple).

Best regards

This is what I know about it:
Oberste Verantwortung besass die "Reichsstelle Kinderlandverschickung", eine Dienststelle der Reichsjugendführung in Berlin.
Baldur von Schirach ernannte Helmut Möckel zum Leiter, der bis 1943 amtierte.
So responsible was a special department from the RJF at Berlin, lead by Möckel into 1943.

Bormann said about it in September 1940:
Mit der Duchrführung dieser Massnahmen hat der Führer Reichsleiter Baldur von Schirach beauftragt. Die NSV übernimmt die Verschickung
der noch nicht schulpflichtigen Kinder und Kinder der ersten vier Schuljahrgänge; die HJ übernimmt die Unterbringung vom 5.Schuljahr an.

Hitler appointed von Schirach. The NSV took care for it for the smallest children up to the first four school years; the HJ the elder children.

Indeed. The HJ was intimately involved with the KLV. A whole chapter (68 pages) of a book of HJ regulations is devoted to it. I have a set of paperwork for a boy who was sent away twice to KLV camps and he did his achievement badge testing there. "Dienst" continued for the kids whilst at a KLV camp. He recounts his experiences HERE.

Hello Wim and Garry,

I didn't know (or forgot) the existence of the "Reichsstelle Kinderlandverschickung, eine Dienststelle der Reichsjugendführung in Berlin". I was sure the NSV did it ! Never too late to learn... and to apologize for writing something wrong. Thanks guys.

Best regards

Hello,

It can be (among perhaps others) because of this poster, I thought the HJ was not directly involved,
although concerned, in the organization of KLV.

We read :

"Come with us in the KLV"
"Registration for 3 to 10 years with the NSV
(Registration) for the 10 to 14 years in schools " (...and not in the HJ units).

We also understand that the evacuation of the children was ostensibly not mandatory.

Best regards

Attachments

Hi,

Yes, under Schirach's umbrella the responsibilities for the KLV were initially shared by the Hitler Youth (10-14 years old), NSV (6-10 years old) and NS-Lehrerbund. As you say, the KLV was not mandatory. The aim initially was to keep school classes together and the KLV was concentrated on the areas of Germany most at risk from aerial attack. The Erweiterte KLV expanded the project to cover areas of Germany that were not necessarily in direct danger but which experienced regular air raid warnings (for example).

I've got a lot of regulations on the KLV and the Erweiterte (expanded) KLV so I should really precis them on a HJ-Wiki page some time.

That poster is great isn't it. There were others introduced (also a film entitled "Außer Gefahr") and also slideshows but the posters were quietly removed from service after Jan 1942 in favour of a more educational approach to convincing parents to send their children away.

Back