Marinehelfer and Marinehelferin cufftitles with provenance

Thanks Received
Marinehelfer (gold bands)
Marinehelfer
Marineoberhelfer
Marinehelferin

The top two cufftitles and letters are from a marinehelfer working in a shipyard. The letters are to and from his Father, a Major, who was very worried that the young man was doing his homework and wanting to know what type of classes he was taking. Of course, I think the Father was more worried about him getting killed, but the letters are very interesting in that they came with the cufftitles. You normally have no provenance on these items at all.

Beitzen

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Marinehelfer

Are you sure the marinehelfer mentioned in the letters were working in a shipyard ?

Marinehelfer

I served as Marinehelfer for almost a year. If you want clarification on some issues let me know

Sorry for the late response. I was referring to only the top two cuff titles. I have read all the letters and they were between the Father, a Heer Major and his son, a school kid, working in the shipyard. The letters are full of questions about the classes, homework, etc.

The other three are not related to the letters, I just grouped them together for a display although only the top two and letters go together.

I have photos of other marinehelfers working in Flak units for example so it would not be unusual in my mind for a helfer to be working in some capacity in a shipyard.

I do not have the letters with me, they are in a bank vault right now, but when I get them I will provide the feldpost numbers for both Father and Son.

We all missed post #5 :h

Hi beenthere,

Sorry for not responding to your post. If you have time I'm sure we would all like to hear about your experiences as a Marinehelfer.

Back