NA.PO.BI

Thanks Received
Hello

I received today a interesting photo showing the Napobi cuff title :001_smile:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

and other views from different sources. NAPOBI Ballenstedt

Attachments

Very nice. I used to own one of these. I also once had a photo album of a boy who was at Ballenstedt (several hundred photos of his time at the school). Alas, no more.

Thank you all. No scans of your album Rowan ?

I used to have scans of the entire album but I think they were deleted in a hard drive problem.

Attachments

:jaw: thanks for sharing this beauty! A definitive CT for those who are interested by the Napobi research :thumb:

Here's another shot of a NAPOBI CT in wear:

Attachments

Actually, here's another with loads of them :001_smile: :

Attachments

NaPoBi Cuff Title

Morning Gents,

a quick question: on which arm was the CT supposed to be worn? I have a photograph where the boy wears it on his right upper arm. On all other photos shown here on this thread the boys wear it on their left lower sleeve.

Rgds

Daniel

Retrieved this photo in my files

Attachments

Great addition to the forum , Thank you all for posting .

Retrieved this photo in my files

Hi Lauri,

yes, that's one my the photos. Please note that the boy at the right wears his Ballenstedt CT on the lower left sleeve, the boy one the left wears it on his right upper arm. So what was the regulation?

Rgds

Daniel

Hello Daniel

We find our photos from the same dealer I see. I do not know the regulation. Wearing the CT at the left arm seems the most encountered solution.

Just a suggestion and thoughts:
could it be possible that in the earliest stage, about 1934/1935 or so the cuffband or indication
was worn upon the right upper arm, but this was changed later as normally cuffbands in the HY
were worn upon the left lower arm?

I have never seen a regulation about this and it is also possible that there is no unity in
such cuffbands all. Maybe its "look" was decided by the specific institution? Look at the text upon
the cuffband, which in most occasions is NOT as NPEA.
When the specific and typical NPEA-triangles were introduced the use of the cuffbands not longer
was needed, I think!

Last edited:
Actually, here's another with loads of them :001_smile: :

Hello Garry,

this photo is very nice. I like it !.Thanks for sharing.
The shown photo, is a "Musikkorps" from Köthen in Anhalt and the building under construction behind the musicians displays the future school of NPEA ANHALT ( Ballenstedt I ) in 1937
Indeed, before the school is transferred to Ballenstedt, the ( NA.PO.BI II ) of this region was based at Köthen as shown this postcard :
- Köthen in Anhalt - Nationalpolitische Bildungsanstalt Ballenstedt II -
This school was definitively given up in 1938 because it was considered too small by the Minister of Science, Education and National Culture (Reichserziehungsminister) Bernhard Rust.
According to my information, the " Na Po Bi " did not exist any more in 1938.

Best regards

Eric

Attachments

Last edited:
A member on another forum has just posted pictures of an example of this cuff title, it looks good in my limited experience of such as I can only go by the construction and compare it to the example posted here, as these are not very often seen I think.

Regards,

Jerry

Jerry its the same CT as the one posted on page one of this thread ;) note the rust mark to the left of the N ;)
You might be correct,though tome it looks like a different example.

Attachments

Back