Ordensburgen Cufftitle

Thanks Received
Any opinions on this?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The (limited) information I have on these is that they were silver thread on a tan backing - not black like this one. Pretty sure there are one or two good ones shown on WAF somewhere. The one you show is/has been offered by some dodgy dealers so my alarms have just gone off.

There were also metres (i.e. on the roll, uncut) of fakes of these in circulation, about 3-5 years back. From memory the fakes were silver wire on black.

Best,
Toby.

Last edited:
JUST HAD A CLOSER look at my example which is probably off the same roll. The material is the same as the modern naval cap tallies it glows and as stated real ones where on brown not black as found in any reference book I have

PAUL

Ok guys,

Do you think that it is a good idea if we put this example in the fake section? Maybe it will help people in the future. I can save the pics and post them in the new thread.

Regards

Antonio

The (limited) information I have on these is that they were silver thread on a tan backing - not black like this one.

Hello,

This cufftitle exist also in silver on black for the uniform of Marine-HJ and DJ students.

Best regards

Thanks D. The Odensburgen are something I really need to learn more about. I assume then that the brown was worn by officers on the Ordensburg staff? Can you recommend some literature on the Ordensburgen?

A reference would be good and hopefully Debertex will revisit the thread. Everything I have in the way of regulations which may have helped stops at the AHS level and only briefly mentions the Ordensburgen unfortunately.

I have a very extensive library books just on cuffs and several on the HJ in none of these is the black one mentioned so am very concerned with this statement

PAUL

here is a brown backed Ordensburgen on Butschek which appears to be good. Notice the weave is the same as the black one making this worthy of much more thought IMO

Attachments

here is a brown backed Ordensburgen on Butschek which appears to be good. Notice the weave is the same as the black one making this worthy of much more thought IMO

Hello Paul

This CT is original. For Ordensburg Juncker (Lehrgangsteilnehmer) in the time 1937-39 was Cufftitles with Burg name: Sonthofen, Vogelsang, Krössinsee. Later was a Cufftitles ,,Ordensburgen,, Silver on brown or black.

Regards

Sebastian

Here one from my Collection

Regards

Sebastian

Attachments

The 1937 NSDAP Orgbuch shows the black cufftitle being worn. The brown one for the staff level was apparently introduced post-1937. School cufftitles were apparently always brown.

as far as my knowledge goes:
the brown cuffbands are always for the NSDAP students and/or the Ordensburg supervisors;
the black ones are for the students, coming from the Werkschar/Deutsche Arbeitsfront, who also were
trained as Ordensburg-institutions.
Much is unknown about these cuffbands and to my knowledge not ever a uniform-regulation
was found stating "what and how"!

Thanks, Wilhelm. Edwin

I have an early light brown NPEA Ilfeld tunic with the light brown shoulder straps. I have seen photos of the early peaked-type cap was worn with that type tunic. I assume they were worn by student leaders? I have seen them worn with staight brown trousers. Were they ever worn with black breeches?

Thanks again. Edwin, Idaho, USA

Hello,

The peaked (visored) cap was also worn by students (see the book "The Hitler Youth")
from Littlejohn on page 131. Yes, and I know they occasionally did wear black breeches.
I used such a photograph in my article about the "Grosses Militär-Waisenhaus" from
Potsdam, and published in the magazine "the Military Advisor" fromwinter2001/2002
on page 25 (volume 14, number 4). At least twos boys do wear breeches.

Hope this helps, Wilhelm

Back