Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FOR WHAT SHOULD BE A FAIRLY COMMON CUFF IT DOES NOT SHOW UP IN ANY REF that I have anyhow. Does anyone have more info ?

A reference would be good and hopefully Debertex will revisit the thread. Everything I have in the way of regulations which may have helped stops at the AHS level and only briefly mentions the Ordensburgen unfortunately.

I have a very extensive library books just on cuffs and several on the HJ in none of these is the black one mentioned so am very concerned with this statement

PAUL

here is a brown backed Ordensburgen on Butschek which appears to be good. Notice the weave is the same as the black one making this worthy of much more thought IMO

uighfui.jpggcvhz.jpgjklhfgui.jpgjkgvg.jpg

Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by PAUL AYERST View Post
    here is a brown backed Ordensburgen on Butschek which appears to be good. Notice the weave is the same as the black one making this worthy of much more thought IMO

uighfui.jpggcvhz.jpgjklhfgui.jpgjkgvg.jpg
    Hello Paul

This CT is original. For Ordensburg Juncker (Lehrgangsteilnehmer) in the time 1937-39 was Cufftitles with Burg name: Sonthofen, Vogelsang, Krössinsee. Later was a Cufftitles ,,Ordensburgen,, Silver on brown or black.

Regards

Sebastian

Here one from my Collection

Regards

Sebastian
    Attached Images Attached Images

The 1937 NSDAP Orgbuch shows the black cufftitle being worn. The brown one for the staff level was apparently introduced post-1937. School cufftitles were apparently always brown.

as far as my knowledge goes:
    the brown cuffbands are always for the NSDAP students and/or the Ordensburg supervisors;
    the black ones are for the students, coming from the Werkschar/Deutsche Arbeitsfront, who also were
    trained as Ordensburg-institutions.
    Much is unknown about these cuffbands and to my knowledge not ever a uniform-regulation
    was found stating "what and how"!

Thanks, Wilhelm. Edwin

I have an early light brown NPEA Ilfeld tunic with the light brown shoulder straps. I have seen photos of the early peaked-type cap was worn with that type tunic. I assume they were worn by student leaders? I have seen them worn with staight brown trousers. Were they ever worn with black breeches?

Thanks again. Edwin, Idaho, USA

Hello,

The peaked (visored) cap was also worn by students (see the book "The Hitler Youth")
    from Littlejohn on page 131. Yes, and I know they occasionally did wear black breeches.
    I used such a photograph in my article about the "Grosses Militär-Waisenhaus" from
    Potsdam, and published in the magazine "the Military Advisor" fromwinter2001/2002
    on page 25 (volume 14, number 4). At least twos boys do wear breeches.

Hope this helps, Wilhelm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast