Braiding??

Thanks Received
Hi friends,
I have a few Führerschnüre and in a relaxed moment I was sitting around with a string in my hand and was trying to make the same pattern as in a lanyard. But- as much as I trid i had no luck. So I wounder, has anyone tried that too?? Is there a certein pattern and way how to do it or was there ever a Letter from the RZM how they have to be done?? Is it actually one cord or 2 cords braided together?
Any help is very appreciated!
Dirk:frusty:

Dirk,

I have a friend who does excellent knotwork. Let me check with him and see if he knows what type of knot this is and if he has instructions for making them in one of his books.

Chris

What Führerschnür you want to made?
Except Kameradschaftfuehrer`s schnuer other schnuers have the same weaving.

Cord is woven from a single cord (which is complicated in two), which consists of four strands.

Netting is easy to find the right, but I have no links in English.

Look for sites on needlework or ask a question on some forums about knitting and weaving cords.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Thanks! I am looking forward to your answers since I tried again and had no luck! I tried the Bannfuehrer kind but .... I had more knots in my fingers then in the thread :)
Dirk

The German word for the technique used to make the Bannführerschnur is 'klöppeln'.

From the RZM instruction: 'eine rote, aus geklöppelten Kordeln geflochtene Schnur. Die beiden Enden der Kordel sind mit rotem, indanthren-gefärbtem Baumwollzwirn umwickelt'

Click - lots of clips showing various techniques used to make lanyards.

No probs Dirk. Looking forward to seeing the result when you're finished :thumb:

The German word for the technique used to make the Bannführerschnur is 'klöppeln'.

From the RZM instruction: 'eine rote, aus geklöppelten Kordeln geflochtene Schnur. Die beiden Enden der Kordel sind mit rotem, indanthren-gefärbtem Baumwollzwirn umwickelt'
Garry - klöppeln is not the technique used in the knotwork of this lanyard but the technique used to create the twisted cords before they are braided. In the German description, the "geklöppelte Kordeln" are "twisted cords" from which the lanyard has been braided.

My post was directed more toward Kursan's Chris but yes, as you say - 'klöppeln' produces the cords which are then braided to form the Schnur (eine rote, aus geklöppelten Kordeln geflochtene Schnur).

My Braiding results

Hi,
my fingers are still a bit knoty but Ihave done my first Schnur. It is not as hard as I was thinkng as when you have the right technik down.
I had only a black/ gold cord on hand so I tried it. It is not perfect but for the first time OK.
I have encluded my few original cords I have for comparison. Still looking for more originals!
Enjoy and as I get better I will show more of my hobby Schnurs ;-)
Gruesse aus Deutschland
Dirk

Attachments

Back