Does anyone have a black/white BDM lanyard like this?

Thanks Received
I have a red/white jm/bdm [jung]mädelschaftsführerin lanyard.

But this is the first I've seen in this color.

Has anyone else seen this style?

thanks

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The only thing which would make sense with this colour combination is that this is a very early lanyard and the colours are the 'Landesfarben' or state colours.

I have to say though that I haven't actually seen an unequivocal statement in a period or modern book to the effect that the BDM/JM also had Landesfarben lanyards early on but it makes sense that they would have. Hopefully you'll get more opinions :thumb:

Edit: see post #10 below

Angolias HJ Vol 1 says this:

'Early lanyards for the ranks of HJ Kameradschaftsfuhrer/HJ Oberkameradschaftsfuhrer were in the color of districts which were derived from the various German states,,,,,Landesfarben.

Black/White:
Prussia, Ostland, Kurmark, Silesia, Ostsee, Nordmark, Nordsee, Lower Saxony, Westphalia, Lower and Middle Rhine, Westmark, Kurhessen, Hesse-Nassau, Mittelland'

It seems Angolia's take on this color would go along with what Garry has said for these two HJ ranks.

lanyard

I have a red/white jm/bdm [jung]madelschaftsfuhrerin lanyard.
But this is the first I've seen in this color.
Has anyone else seen this style?
thanks
Looks like a "Wehrertuchtigungslager "Landesführer" one to me.
If memory serves me well, they were dark green and white, or black an white.
Could be wrong though
HN

Hi Chaps,

may I re-activate this thread for a wee while: I tried to sell a black/white leaders lanyard in August 2010. To my absolute surprise I have found this thread, "ended" just a month before I tried to sell mine. I'm aware of the differences between Kevin's and mine. However, the colours are the same. Mine is to see here: http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f92/dissolving-small-insignia-collection-3338/

Any thoughts on this?

Rgds

Daniel

Hi Chaps,

may I re-activate this thread for a wee while: I tried to sell a black/white leaders lanyard in August 2010. To my absolute surprise I have found this thread, "ended" just a month before I tried to sell mine. I'm aware of the differences between Kevin's and mine. However, the colours are the same. Mine is to see here: http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f92/dissolving-small-insignia-collection-3338/

Any thoughts on this?

Rgds

Daniel

here is one i have, in different colour.

came as a group (pieced together imo) :thumb:

Attachments

I mentioned above that I hadn't seen "an unequivocal statement in a period or modern book to the effect that the BDM/JM also had Landesfarben lanyards early on". I didn't have the book at the time but I have it now. This is an extract from a 1934 book showing that the BDM and the JM wore lanyards in the Lndesfarben at the ranks of Mädelschaftsführerin and Jungmädelschaftsführerin respectively.:

Attachments

Back