Early HJ Kameradschaftsführer lanyard from Gebiet Hochland blue/white

Thanks Received
Hello,
here is a picture of my new early lanyard from Gebiet Hochland.
I look great with my early Hochland boards, a perfect set.
Best Regards

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Alois,

As you say, blue/white for Gebiet 19 but I don't think that the lanyard is for a Kafü. When the Landesfarben were in effect, the Kafü lanyard was twisted cords (2 or 3) with a knot at each end - certainly if you go with the regulations. The lanyard you have there is made like those worn by Scharführer and higher.

Attachments

Gebiet Baden early Kameradschaftsführerschnur

Hello Garry,
here is another example which I treaded to Darin, in the same style.

Attachments

Another laynyard example

Here is a picture of wilhelms book, page 192. Here is also worn such a lanyard.
Maybe these are worn before this regulation comes out, Garry.

Attachments

I don't think that guy is a Kafü Alois. The regulation is from Sept 1933 but an earlier publication ("Aufbau und Abzeichen der NSDAP" containing info from 1932/3) also shows that the Kafü lanyard was worn between the shirt button (front of the shirt)and the left chest pocket button (see pic).

I'm open, of course, to any info that says that there was an earlier type of Kafü lanyard that looked like the ones you show but at the moment I only see the short twisted cord type with the two knots in the early books and regulations I have here.

Attachments

This is the only photo I can find in my stuff that clearly shows the insignia of a Kameradschaftsführer (and of a Gefolgschaftsführer) during the "Landesfarben" period (prior to July 1933). It's from the book "HJ Marschiert" and to be honest it isn't a great help. The boys have a WHW Wappenschild on the table which means that the photo is no earlier than the 7th of October 1933 because that is the date of a letter to the Reich Interior Minister which stated that these items had been designed and that they could be ordered by Hitler Youth units for the Winterhilfswerk 1933/4.

So, this photo shows a Kameradschaftsführer wearing the lanyard in regulation fashion but... he's also wearing the pre-July 1933 Landesfarben shoulder straps and the lanyard doesn't appear to be as thin as the type he should be wearing. I still think it's the regulation item but the picture isn't helping to make that clear.

As usual, the early period throws up more questions than it answers :h

Attachments

Lanyard in Landesfarben

Hello,
here are some pictures of lanyards in Landesfarben, blue/white for Gebiet Hochland and Franken and black/white for Gebiet Nordesee and many others.
In my opinion this lanyards where worn to this brown boards whith unterbann-numbers, this boards are the "regulation"-boards.

Attachments

Lanyard in Landesfarben whith two-colored piping

And this are the two-colored boards with the other earlyer lanyards, before this regulations.
This is my theory.

Attachments

Hi Alois,

Yes, that is the correct type of Kameradschaftführer lanyard for that period (post #11). Your first picture in that post is from "Die Uniformen der Braunhemden" published 1934.

These Landesfarben lanyards were phased out beginning on the 15th of May 1934 and after the 1st of July 1934 they were no longer permitted for use.

I think we are still going to need to find some evidence to show that the lanyards in post #12 are HJ. I hate to be a stick-in-the-mud on this but the fact that we don't have conclusive information in favour of your type of lanyard doesn't mean that I'm right. It just means that we have to keep looking, as you are indeed doing :thumb:

Could these thicker Landesfarben lanyards be SA?

I think this is a possibility, also a possibility that they were worn in the time of the H.J. being subordinate to the S.A.. Just a guess, I don't know very much about S.A. insignia, but do know that the early strap piping sometimes matches the S.A. Gau colors.

I don't know very much about S.A. insignia

Me neither :) I had a look in ""Die Uniformen der Braunhemden" and there is a lanyard worn by SA leaders but they don't mention the colour unfortunately and it's plaited differently.

Attachments

Back