Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Please login to view user info

Lanyard in Landesfarben

Hello,
    here are some pictures of lanyards in Landesfarben, blue/white for Gebiet Hochland and Franken and black/white for Gebiet Nordesee and many others.
    In my opinion this lanyards where worn to this brown boards whith unterbann-numbers, this boards are the "regulation"-boards.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Please login to view user info

Lanyard in Landesfarben whith two-colored piping

And this are the two-colored boards with the other earlyer lanyards, before this regulations.
    This is my theory.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Alois,

Yes, that is the correct type of Kameradschaftführer lanyard for that period (post #11). Your first picture in that post is from "Die Uniformen der Braunhemden" published 1934.

These Landesfarben lanyards were phased out beginning on the 15th of May 1934 and after the 1st of July 1934 they were no longer permitted for use.

I think we are still going to need to find some evidence to show that the lanyards in post #12 are HJ. I hate to be a stick-in-the-mud on this but the fact that we don't have conclusive information in favour of your type of lanyard doesn't mean that I'm right. It just means that we have to keep looking, as you are indeed doing

Could these thicker Landesfarben lanyards be SA?

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Could these thicker Landesfarben lanyards be SA?
    I think this is a possibility, also a possibility that they were worn in the time of the HJ being subordinate to the S.A.. Just a guess, I don't know very much about S.A. insignia, but do know that the early strap piping sometimes matches the S.A. Gau colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    I don't know very much about S.A. insignia
    Me neither :) I had a look in ""Die Uniformen der Braunhemden" and there is a lanyard worn by SA leaders but they don't mention the colour unfortunately and it's plaited differently.

schnur.png

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12