Leader Lanyard making instructions

If I'm wrong then please accept my apologies but why would a Bangladesh company that makes t-shirts want to know how to make a BDM-Lanyard?

LOL..... i guess they want to branch out.
C`mon Garry, be friendly..... the Lanyard was die-stamped, using a special process that gave it that woven look. The length would vary according to the width of the Girls shoulders. (Whether she worn Shoulder-pads or not would also need to be taken into consideration)

A quick Check on Alibaba, brings up Hundreds of Paki, Bangla and Injun makers of this stuff
http://www.alibaba.com/countrysearch/PK/german-wwii.html

Last edited:
They weren't die-forged?

LOL..... i guess they want to branch out.
C`mon Garry, be friendly..... the Lanyard was die-stamped, using a special process that gave it that woven look. The length would vary according to the width of the Girls shoulders. (Whether she worn Shoulder-pads or not would also need to be taken into consideration)

A quick Check on Alibaba, brings up Hundreds of Paki, Bangla and Injun makers of this stuff
Pakistan German Wwii, Pakistan German Wwii Manufacturers, Pakistan German Wwii Suppliers and Companies on Alibaba.com

I have period photos of the manufacturing process Jo.
Probably not a good idea to post them just yet, until the Original posters intentions become clear.
We made all this kinda stuff when i was in the Army to pass time, the Hit was the HJ-like scarf knot, which i could never get right.
The trend back then, was to make a huge knot, the size of a golf ball, and leave long bits of leather cord so it could be swung, then whack a sleeping friend in the Jollies with it.

The trend back then, was to make a huge knot, the size of a golf ball, and leave long bits of leather cord so it could be swung, then whack a sleeping friend in the Jollies with it.

brings to mind the snooker ball in a sock gag.

I dont know what company your talking about but I am not a bangladash company. I am just a WWII reenactor with a small reproduction clothing company. How did they measure to get to the length needed?

I also forgot to mention I am not asking for this info to make lanyards to sell but for a specific impression for reenacting for myself.

Best thing to do, would be to buy a cheap-o from fleabay or a repro from ioffer etc, then you could measure it, & take it apart to see how it was woven etc..... If it`s for reenactment, then i don't see why it needs to be millimeter-perfect with an original ?
I have always wanted to wear a BDM uniform myself, but that's hush-hush.

Is there anyplace that sells reproductions of the lanyards? Since I cant find any info on what material they were made out of or how long maybe repro is the best way to go.

Back