Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Please login to view user info

leader lanyards and ranks

I am currently adjusting one nice winter uniform I have, which had the wrong boards. Now I am facing a small problem and here's the question:
    which is the minimum rank that goes with each lanyard?
    In my case I do have a green/white lanyard.

Since my new boards have no stars on it and I don't want to touch the older boards since they are really nice, where to find some HJ stars?

Thanks

Matt

Matt, the rank pips are easy to find on ebay or militaria321, for decent prices. Personally I don't add to any of my boards, even if they are obviously missing pips.

Hi, but they look a bit different from classic army type.
    Time being I will leave it as it is, I waited 6 months for the new pair of boards, I can wait longer and I can declass him anyway by taking away the lanyard :)

The green and white lanyard will be for a HJ Gefolgschaftsfuher/Obberscharfuher/Hauptgefolgshaftsführer. For a Gefolgshaftsfuher you will need three pips, (two on the bottom with one with one above), for an Obberscharführer you will need two (side by side with a litze underneath), and for a Hauptgefolgschaftsführer you would need some different straps of the leader variety, (silver numerals and piping) which I am not sure would be worn on this uniform, but more for a leaders tunic. Here's a link to some pips on ebay. This information came from Angloia so it may not all be correct.

Admin Edit: link removed (dead)

Hi, is there any lanyard I could add without alter the boards? And which is the correct colour for this bann? THanks!

Hi Zeller,

Not sure what you mean by the Bann colour unless you have pre-1938 straps showing the Oberbann colour? You can find the Oberbann colours here:

https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92

As far as lanyards are concerned these were used in two different ways. Prior to 1939 the lanyard showed the rank of the user. After that point it showed his/her appointment. An example would be a Kameradschaftsführer who is put in charge of a Schar. He would wear Kameradschaftsführer rank on the shoulder straps but would also wear a green lanyard showing that he held the appointment of Scharführer.

Are you assembling an early or late uniform? You could go for a Rottenfüher or Oberrottenführer as you'd only need the Litze for these ranks as opposed to pips.
    Last edited by Garry; 14th June 2009 at 07:26 PM.

Hi Garry

I have a late uniform. Incidentally the previous boards had removable litzen, so I could swap them onto the new boards.
    I could get a red/white lanyard and a plain green one, hence my doubt...not sure which one should fit best.
    Thanks Matt

If you have the Litzen then I'd go for the red/white if I were you Matt and make an Oberrottenführer with the appointment of Kameradschaftsführer. The green/white lanyard would definitely involve having to add pips to the straps so perhaps an Oberrottenführer is the better option.
    Last edited by Garry; 14th June 2009 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks Garry!

Just to be sure: here's the litzen on my shoulder straps.

Just to be sure, could you show a genuine red/white lanyard for HJ? I almost bought a BDM one...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zeller; 14th June 2009 at 07:59 PM.

The red/white was used by HJ/DJ/BDM and JM Matt so as long as it's a real one it's the right one for your uniform.

With two Litzen you could make a pair of Rottenführer straps but what I'm unsure of is how many ranks an appointment could jump. I don't know if a Rottenführer could take a Kameradschaftsführer appointment for example. If you could get hold of another set of Litzen and make an Oberrottenführer I think you'd be on safer ground.

I'll keep looking for a definitive on the allowable jump but I'm sure we'll have another member with some more info on this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast