Thanks Thanks:  0

Please login to view user info

My Hitler Youth lanyards so far - identification needed for two of them

Here are my lanyards, I got over the last months... I am not so sure about all of them, please have a look yourself.

1. Kameradschaftsführer/ Jungenschaftsführer
    2. Hauptscharführer/Hauptjungzugführer
    3. Scharführer/Jungzugführer
    4. Stammführer/Jungstammführer (this one is very thick, were there differences in size?)
    5. Gefolgschaftsführer/Fähnleinführer
    6. ?
    7. ?
    8. ? (this one is orange and the braiding is different than the others)

Maybe you could please help me out on this pieces. Thank you!

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi,

Red/white:
    Mädelschaftsführerin/JM-Schaftsführerin (shown by the metal clip)

Black/green:
    Initially this was for HJ Oberscharführer/DJ Oberjungzugführer but from 1938 it was for those in the appointment of HJ Hauptscharführer/DJ Hauptjungzugführer

Green:
    HJ Scharführer / DJ Jungzugführer

White:
    Initially HJ Unterbannführer/DJ Stammführer. Later worn by HJ Stammführer, HJ Oberstammführer / DJ Jungstammführer, DJ Oberjungstammführer. From 1939 this lanyard was worn by those in charge of a HJ-Stamm or DJ-Jungstamm

Green/white:
    Initially this was for HJ Gefolgschaftsführer / DJ Fähnleinführer. Later also for HJ Obergefolgschaftsführer, HJ Hauptgefolgschaftsführer / DJ Oberfähnleinführer, DJ Hauptfähnleinführer. From 1939: only worn by those in charge of a Gefolgschaft or Fähnlein.

The remainder are not youth rank/appointment lanyards.

From 1939 (for male leaders), the lanyard no longer showed the rank of the wearer but rather his appointment (as leader of a Schar for example). Only those personnel with a command function could wear the lanyard.

There were manufacturing instructions for these lanyards (obviously) and from what I can see on your picture, only lanyards 1, 2, 3 and 5 seem to look correct. How long are they? As a Full Member you have access to the "downloads" section which contains very useful books/documentation including the manufacturing instructions I mentioned.

Thanks for that huge information. So nr. 7-9 are odd if I got this right?

Hi,

On your picture, lanyards 1, 2, 3 and 5 seem fine but it would be useful to know their lengths. Number 4 is too short and too "fat" when compared to the white lanyard used by the Hitler Youth. Numbers 6, 7 and 8 are not Hitler Youth lanyards.

If you haven't already done so, open the lanyards sub-forum and browse through there. You'll see many others to compare yours against

https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/f19/

Here are the lengths from end to end:

1. 31cm
    2. 35cm
    3. 33cm
    5. 37cm

Thanks for your help Garry!

No problem Michael. The standard length (and other dimensions) of these is shown below:

** Oops! You must be a Full Member (Gold) to view this part of the post**

but that was when they were new of course. If they have been pulled about or adjusted by the wearer this could explain any deviation from that length.

Michael

well based on my new found knowledge, your No7 - lanyard, red and white is not a HJ/BDM lanyard! Please see the thread I posted and Garry's very helpful replies.

cheers Mike

BTT.