I've had one of these. Somewhere there is a discussion on the forum. They are strange having the knots on them and having three colors. I'm not aware of any rank that used three colors. I don't know what the purpose of this lanyard would have been. Perhaps some type of position? I don't recall what the other members thoughts were but I know there is a discussion of this type of lanyard on the forum.

I think it was identified as being for a cap Darin. I'll try to find the thread in question.

Edit: Hitler Youth lanyard with red, white and black colours?

So was this cap cord for HJ? An RZM tag would indicate later manufacture and the tag is HJ.

As discussed on that other thread, it can't be a lanyard and the presence of the toggles would indicate strongly that it is a cap insignia. However, not for HJ so the tag itself must be seen as a bogus addition in my opinion.

Please login to view user info
    Garry, I totally agree. The tag must have been added by someone
    who thought he knew what it was, but actually didn't!

I still think it could be a cap cord for the Freiwilliger Arbeitsdienst.

An odd item for sure. Hopefully one day we will learn the origin and purpose of this cord. I recall purchasing the example I had from Roland Smith of "Trademark Historical" located in Oklahoma back in the 80's. He sent a snail mail catalog out using ads in WW2 Magazine. He's a shady guy and fraudster that was exposed a long time ago.

Please login to view user info
    Thanks for the input from everyone. Sounds like this thing is definitely not HJ, and that makes the whole piece questionable to me.

This is why I like being a member of this forum.

Thanks again to everyone for the comments and information.

I would think that this might be a good addition to the "Fakes" thread, if the mods agree.
    Last edited by Como; 7th October 2016 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Add to "Fakes" thread?