Red and White Lanyard with metal clip

Thanks Received
Hi All

I was wondering if this is a HJ Lanyard it came with attached whistle from a good source!?

If so what period would it be and what rank?

You can tell I'm new to all this area of collecting - cant seem to find a reference guide to lanyard and rank anywhere

Cheers FJ

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi bertl,

I'm not aware of any Hitler Youth (male or female) lanyard of the type shown in post #1 by FJ. The Kameradschaftsführer (and equivalent) had two (during the Landesfarben period up to three) twisted cords as opposed to the knotted versions used by higher ranks.

@FJ:

The lanyard in post #1 is not a HJ lanyard in my opinion because those colours were only used by the lowest rank of Kameradschaftsführer (and equivalent) and their lanyards were constructed differently to yours. This can be seen in various period publications spanning many years.

Here is a plate from a 1938 publication that shows the difference between yours and the standard red/white lanyard:

The equivalent for females from the same year:

As you can see, only the female lanyards had clips.

Landesfarben were used on the lowest level rank lanyard only and were phased out on the 15th of May 1934. A system of colours identified the wearer's home state/county within Germany. Once these colours were phased out, only red/white was used.

Attachments

Hello
I have this one is like him.
cordially seppi 72

Attachments

May or may not be but the lanyard itself is non-regulation.

Garry

I understand much of this is not black and white, but if you assume that seppi's lanyard is 100% genuine with tag then that does mean that lanyard was issued by RZM and therefore 'regulation' - although i admit may be nothing to do with HJ etc! But who else would use it, the more questions that get answered, the more questions arise! :ohmy:

Unfortunately, the regulations and manufacturing instructions are clear on this (as they so often are) so there is no requirement to make assumptions. You can see the regulation type on the colour plates in post #4. It could, and probably will be, argued that your type is "private purchase" or "late-war" or even "pre-1933 when people wore what they wanted" or something in the same vein. However, assumptions are not evidence and without the latter no headway can be made. I would recommend that you contact the vendor and ask him how he knew that this was a Hitler Youth lanyard. Ask him about the source of his information and ask him to explain why the lanyard doesn't look like the regulation item. I predict that he will use one of the terms I used previously or something similar. If he comes up with hard evidence I'll wind my neck in of course but I'm not expecting that outcome.

The presence of an RZM tag is not proof that a lanyard, or indeed any other item, is authentic because like almost everything else, they have been faked too and can be found attached to the oddest of items. If the tag is authentic it could have been added to the lanyard by some enterprising seller. I have no idea how it got there but I can only repeat what I said; the lanyard itself is not made like the version we know to have been used by the Hitler Youth.

Garry

Nope I'm happy with what you say, until photographic or other, evidence comes up Im happy to assume this is a non-HJ (etc.) lanyard! Many thanks for your help on a very interesting subject!

Cheers Mike

hello GARY ,
thanks for the informations .
This is not the first time we speak about this kind of lanyard on the forum .(about the yellow/red and blue/ white one)
I ve see 3 or 4 time a lanyard on wich was a hook added even it s not regular.
bertrand

Back