Wearing of the HJ Scharführer type lanyard please help

Thanks Received
Hello all, recently I have been viewing different pictures of the Scharfuhrer lanyard. However, I found different wearing method of this lanyard.

The first picture showing the lanyard is worn with the ''V'' side on top, an inverted V. (See attached picture 1)
The second picture showing the lanyard is worn with the ''V'' side on top also, a erect V. (See attached picture 2)
I saw other pictures showing the lanyard being worn with the ''semi-circle'' side, pointing downwards.

It has been so messy that I couldn't figure out the ''correct'' wearing method of this lanyard. Does anyone know the regulation of wearing a Scharfuhrer lanyard? Or there is no regulation? Please help.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi,

Yes, this was regulated. Your first photo shows the correct method of wear with the exception that he has the lanyard on upside down. The sharp point of the 'V' should point downwards as it does in your second photo. Further notes in the regulation state that any sewn areas should not be visible and that the concave* side of the lanyard should rest against the shirt (see pic below).

*The herringbone pattern results in a groove running along the inside length of the lanyard.

Excerpt from the regulation:

Attachments

Back