Did Otto Hoffmann make Hitler Youth membership badges after all?

okay heres some for comparisson some are terrible some better , have heard of people that these started appeaering in the 90's and could be bought at all the fairs in many colours, thay come in many colours and diff backs too as apparently they got wise to the coffin tyope backplate and started making them with a rounded one instead

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

notice the diff in back plates also the amount of variation in the fronts

Attachments

Hi everyone, I am the privileged owner of the legendary Otto Hoffmann 's original H J membership medal that so many greedy volk have been trying to reproduce with varying success.
Otto Hoffman was not a manufacturer of medals or uniforms accessories, but the Generalleutnant of the 10 th wing of the Lüftwaffe and of the German nobility aside from being my "German cousin".
His name was stamped of his personal medal, which unlike the cheap reproductions is made of silver and does not feature weird imprecise letter spacing in the name, and was personally given to my father by a Nigerian Prince email spammer.
The Nigerian Prince got it from his father who was King at the Time Otto gave him the medal for service rendered during the Afrika Korps campaign.

More : Otto Hoffmann von Waldau - Wikipedia

Let me be clear : This medal is NOT for sale.

MFG Otto

Attachments

Hoffmann said:
Hi everyone, I am the privileged owner of the legendary Otto Hoffmann 's original H J membership medal that so many greedy volk have been trying to reproduce with varying success.
Let me be clear : This medal is NOT for sale.

Otto Hoffman was not a manufacturer of medals or uniforms accessories, but the Generalleutnant of the 10 th wing of the Lüftwaffe and of the German nobility aside from being my "German cousin".
His name was stamped of his personal medal, which unlike the cheap reproductions is made of silver and does not feature weird imprecise letter spacing in the name, and was personally given to my father by a Nigerian Prince email spammer.
The Nigerian Prince got it from his father who was King at the Time Otto gave him the medal for service rendered during the Afrika Korps campaign.

MFG Otto

:bounce:A new member with a good sense of humour. Welcome to the forum :thumb:

Dear All,
I have in my collection also a red HJ Otto Hoffman badge. I don't know why...but i like it:yo:

Attachments

just to add that i bought this red Hoffmann in the early 80's, so has now more than 30 years old...
Why should them to be faked at the time? In the 80's I think that the fakes were not so well done....just my two cents...:001_rolleyes:

In the 80's I think that the fakes were not so well done....just my two cents...:001_rolleyes:
What "fakes" of the 1980`s are you referring to?
The ones made by silly fakers all over the world in many different ways? (Forgers who had no real Medal making equipment and who were casting.)
The ones made by actual badge makers, all over the world? Made correctly, (die struck etc..) on the correct equipment etc...?
Or the European badge & medal makers, some of which were producing the same items during the TR period?

What a fake looks like, reflects how it was constructed and finished, and this will depend on who made it and how, and not a specific time period.
We had Muppets casting fakes 60 years ago, as well as Medal makers doing a good job. Same as today, there are still makers who make cheap fakes using the correct methods, as well as correct glass enamel. And of course we still have backyard forgers casting silly pieces.

Well this should end the debate ..... Currently being offered by Herr Wittmann so these HAVE to be real. Also note the lovely coffin back plate/pin. Tongue firmly in cheek here just wanted to add another example to this interesting thread.

Attachments

Well this should end the debate ..... Currently being offered by Herr Wittmann so these HAVE to be real. Also note the lovely coffin back plate/pin. Tongue firmly in cheek here just wanted to add another example to this interesting thread.
$125.- for a HJ membership pin is insanity.
$125.- for a fake HJ membership pin, is typical Thomas Wittmann

Do you know why he always has a few rolls of the fantasy Edelweiss toilet paper at hand?
So he can wipe his mouth!

Back