Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Maybe Hüsken has it wrong? and the badge IS actually for the Romanians and has nothing to do with Croatia? it would not be the first time he was wrong? Anyone have any solid evidence linking it to Croatia?

Cheers Don. Not a problem. Excellent though to know that there is proof out there that the Romanian Deutsche Jugend wore the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    Maybe Hüsken has it wrong? and the badge IS actually for the Romanians and has nothing to do with Croatia? it would not be the first time he was wrong? Anyone have any solid evidence linking it to Croatia?
    I haven't personally seen any Croatian documentation like that sold by Weitze Jo but I used to own one of the badges which was why I really wanted to see the reverse of the one in this thread. Mine was marked 'Zeugmeisterei Esseg' with Esseg being the German name for Osziék in Croatia. I have seen another badge and it was also ostensibly made in the same place although the MM was slightly different. I don't recall ever seeing a photo where the 'DJ' badge is being worn but going with the MM it would certainly seem logical of course that the Croatian Deutsche Jugend wore them. Mine didn't have the quality of the one shown by Alex though. Hang on, I'll get a pic up in a mo..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Please login to view user info
    The Weitze ausweis. It is probably the same design and badge for the two areas (Romania and Kroatia).
    Last edited by lauri; 27th June 2011 at 08:28 AM.

Excellent Lauri. Thanks very much

Here is the other badge I mentioned above. Posted by 'Seppl' on WAF. This is marked 'Ceugmeisterei' and I have a note from the OP which says that 'C', as far as pronunciation is concerned, equates to the German 'Z'
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (136.0 KB, 20 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (188.3 KB, 27 views)

Croatia DJ

Just remembered a thread about these, where Otto Spronk posted two he owned, the pictures are below.

Quote Originally Posted by lauri View Post
    The Weitze ausweis
    Thanks lauri!!! At least someone managed to grab the shots (or were you the lucky one who got it?).

Cheers
    Don

Maybe it would be worthwhile showing Hüsken the Romania Ausweis, so he can change/add that info into his 2013 planned update of the Small badges catalog ? i am sure he would be more than grateful.

It's not me only save in my computer for a future debate

As I said before, there is next to none info left in Romania about DJ and BDM organizations, the Russians destroyed almost every paper, magazine or record about anything Nazi. So I'm trying to get any info I can about these subject, especially if they are related to my hometown of Kronstadt (Brasov).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast