Early first pattern Deutsches Jungvolk membership badge "DJV"

Thanks Received
Just got this pin in very early and scarce with the bottom v letter

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
hi paul
can we see the back the front looks diff to mine and others i have seen, most have a more bronze look, and have never seen any with the down turn on the bottom of the d

its the fuuny little leg on the bottom of the d that is throwing me, have never seen one like this before in either the djv badges or the later dj badges

Closer view

Sorry about the glare but you can see better details

Attachments

I think he means that little bulb on the bottom of the D. I circled the area on your pic to highlight. See thread in link. There are multiple pics of DJV badges without the little bulb on the bottom of the D. I'm not saying what any of this means, I'm just putting it out there.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304827

Attachments

Definite font variations in all badges shown . If you double click on my close up above you will get a better view and I think see it is normal. There is some wear and enamel crazing in the area also

hi pat

yep thats the area i was on about ,not saying its bad but have never seen one with this detail on the d before, in saying that i cant see it on pauls second pic can you confirm if its there or not paul

The enamel on these is difficult to photograph as it's quite uneven usually and has little indentations that reflect the light. I think that little point by the D could well be something like that.

PROBABLY as to me in hand there is no defect in the font also the colour is a bit wash- in hand it is the same colour as the HJ diamonds. Lets see some more from the members so far there is three different fonts

PAUL

hi pat i agree the first pic looks like it has a weird leg the secaond pic it seems to have gone so must be a reflection or something on the first pic, if this is the case then it looks like a lovely badge

Back