Fake Hitler Youth membership badges by Otto Hoffmann

Thanks Received
Hi guys .I hope to find you all well.
Today i was at a militaria fair in the UK today.
I ws having a good old fashion good root about and i found 4 HJ diomands.
1 was a lovley m1/137 that i will post soon.The others were by our old friend Otto Hoffman 3 of the buggers .
I was told they are all original and by a very rare maker.I said that i already had one and went on.I must say these were all very well aged and would fool most.
also a site in Germany (History shop ) has 2 Bloody horrible BLUE HJ diomands.I have pointed them out to him but i dont think he cares.He wants 135 EURO why dont they listen.:cursing:

simple because they have been fooled they wont except they are wrong many years ago german token coins came on the market for the channel islands they went like hot cakes me included brought them a great item from the occupation and guess what try made in japan circ 1960 when I have seen them come on I mail the seller only to get back a reply well I don't know they look good to me so you just hit your head against the wall all the time at the end its about the money which is a shame

steve

Ha ha ha ha ha, had to check that out, they closed my account after a huge fight i had with them over €5 a few years back, but i registered under a duff name so that i could still see the misery for myself.
Another user here already pointed out their Duff €600.- Dreiecke for Finnland last week, and yes you are right, two ultra rare, and ultra crap Blue Hj diamonds !!

It`s all of them, and when Tom Johnson lists a HJ knife with GREEN diamond, that just helps these people shift their muck.... i am sure they all think.. "well if he can sell them, thats the "startschuß" for me to break open the box of fakes and list them."
They are not doing themselves any favors though, i would be ashamed to list these blue badges on my site, what would everyone think......

and, they are sooooo rare, that Kia Winkler just had to reduce the price on them as well... shall we call it Doing the collector a favor? or shall we call it Fishing for fools?
EDIT: even the OK-ish dealers are still selling these HOFFMANN diamonds, Paul from Lakesidetraders still has his up :second:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Guess they are trying to pull back the cash they got stuffed for.The worst thing about the History shop is my other passion.I collect the Order of the German Eagle.I just forked out 2800 euro in his shop ,i told him of this shit and he carrid on selling it .I am glad i got his Eagle order checked first.Few we can trust.
Guess he dosent mind having his name smeered.regards Pete

Well i dunno, you can buy these blue ones with either HOFFMANN, M1/62 or Ges.Gesch from USA as well as European forgers for between 5 and 15 bucks, so i dont know why they would have spunked out that much for it.. some other sites also advertise them as Untra rare, below is one in the UK, who want £145.- for theirs:sad:

I`m sure the name is a rip-off from the original HOFFSTÄTTER ones.....

Attachments

When do you think the first otto hoffman ones came out then.
Really impossible to say for sure, but before the mid-late 60`s small badges were on no interest to forgers, you find the majority of the fantasy and fakes appearing around late 60`s.
The two Hoffstätter Deutschland Erwache badges below are both fakes, just that one is older, made with better materials and different attachments, so it`s obviously the same forger just a little later.
I guess forgers also swap dies, and copy each other.. same as with these OTTO HOFFNUNGLOS badges, we find a multitude of attachments on them, starting from good-ish attachment through to miserable ones, and of course all colors as well. So i guess a good guess would be around the BOOM time, late 1960^s early 1970`s - right through to today...

The mistake many make, is that they take the oldest looking fake, and compare the modern fakes to it, and say therefore that because theirs is better made, has a good pin and great glass enamel, theirs in original... which in all honestly, many badges are complete fantasy badges that collectors have talked themselves into accepting as good.

Attachments

This is why I am always puzzled that people ask the question on forums "Is this a good reliable dealer?" with a link to a website. It's like they use dealers as an authentication service. I consider a dealer to be reliable if you spend money and get the item you ordered in a timely fashion with no monkey business. Never depend upon any dealers reputation or description to authenticate items, do your own research and study the research of others before you buy items. "Is this dealer reliable?" Yeah you'll get the item you paid for but don't use a dealer to verify items, it's that simple.

Well many did with Detlev Niemann, until that all ended in tears....
study the research of others
and then publish it as your own!!
How else is a brother supposed to make an honest dollah today?

Well, it could be worst.... because now we have it also in its "knife" version. Just 600 Euros, you know, the financial problem in S-pain and bla, bla, bla...

Link to item: [HIDE=29,176,174]

Original Militaria - HJ/ Cuchillo de 1940 de Marina
[/HIDE]
What's next?

Regards

Antonio

Admin Edit: As at 12 Jan 2016 that ugly knife is still waiting for a customer so I have hidden the link from guests.

Attachments

Antonio, i had a good chat with the guy who runs that site you just linked to. I called him out two years ago on miserable modern fakes he was selling, and he replied three times to me via mail, threatening me to sue for "everything i have" if i mention him or his site on the web, then mails that contained swearwords, and more threats... i still have a few screen grabs from them, he sells miserable crap at unrealistic prices. And of course his mails.

Seems there is confusion amongst these people what the blue badge was for, in the UK post i added an image of above, it also says marine, but on another site i found last night (ww2germanmilitaria com), it says "Sudetenland HJ membership badge" LOL

Attachments

the 2 blue diamonds are a joke and how winkler has put them on his site is unforgivable whats also terrible is the fact is the badge underneath them that he is selling for €807 a bad fake with the bm1/122 maker absolute rubbish

i sent him an email telling him how shocking it is, and hopefully he will remove them but i noticed that one of the blue badges is marked as sold :Cry:

Good god some poor sod got lumbered with one of them.The big problem is that when they find out it is turd they may well give up the hobby.
I was there a few years ago spent a few thousand on a load of rubbish.Only a fellow collector restored my passion and gave me the right pointers.
I have sent a rather (maby strong ) mail to Mr original knife man:angry:.Sure i will get a load of abuse.Words dont hurt though.
The History shop has shocked me to be fair.I hope the sold sign is a way for him to remove these and not loose face,i hope so .Regards Pete

but i noticed that one of the blue badges is marked as sold :Cry:
Yes, the exact same thing happened when one-more-hamburger-please was told of his shocking 7 fantasy HJ knives last month, a week later TWO were marked as sold? i think these dealers have marked them as sold themselves, out of spite, to show "us" that others believe they are real, and have indeed bought, and to give others looking the feeling that "WOW, he just listed two, one is sold already, i must be quick and press buy-now!!" (also to piss us off)
It`s a joke. And the item will get resisted on his site next year, or shifted to a friend at the next show... thats how pooh changes hands when it gets too hot for one dealer, this is why, all the fantasy HJ daggers are moving between the top MAX boys websites, back and fro..... are they selling? or it is a fishing competition.. i know that on Militaria-Company it works this way, with the seven friends all bidding on each others stuff, and just resisting it on Hood.de or MILI321... it never actually sells, just gets passed along.

Hiscoll ... €40.- grab it while it`s hot.... as description says:
"hard to find a better and nicer example"

Attachments

I saw this one also Jo. I always say know your items and never go on the basis of what any seller tells you, many people sell bad items they believe to be good, we see it all the time.

Back