Fake Hitler Youth membership badges by Otto Hoffmann

CENTURION MILITARIA ... our dear friend Hoffmann again, this time for $58.- quid? madness!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Jo i did tell him last time as i did with those painted ones.
Either he forgot or he thinks WE forgot.He takes such pride in taking a lot of hours to check his combat badges and goes and makes a boob kike this twice now.

Regards Pete

Hi Jo i did tell him last time as i did with those painted ones.
Either he forgot or he thinks WE forgot.He takes such pride in taking a lot of hours to check his combat badges and goes and makes a boob kike this twice now.

Regards Pete
Thing is, quite a few dealers, have absolutely no idea what they are doing. I know a few like this, who know how to differentiate between an EK2 and a Helmet, but thats about it. And then they see these Otto Hoffmann badges for sale on dealers sites like:
Lakesidetraders
Johnson
House of History (Kia Winkler)
And many many more
..and because these dealers dont know anything, they see the same pooh up on "trusted" sites, and obviously think that a forum is full of parroting monkeys, and the "big wigs" know what they are doing, so they list them.

Or, they know that they are fake, yet because the "big wigs" always list them, they do as well, knowing that IF they are caught out, all they need to do is point the unhappy customers to a "big wig" site.
Who really knows how their minds work, and who really cares. Main thing is that Solid, Factual info, IS available for anyone looking.. and those that dont bother to look, well.....

Helmut Weitze joins the hall of shame

Attachments

Hi Pete,

sure, because saying that would make it look like the dealer has a lack of knowledge. And as we all know, the dealers are like a unlimited source of truth and knowledge when it comes to selling items. ;-)

Greetings,
I also have questions about our old friend Otto. After years of believing that Otto indicates a fake, I now understand that he is legitimate. What light can you shed on this confusing situation?

Greetings,
I also have questions about our old friend Otto. After years of believing that Otto indicates a fake, I now understand that he is legitimate. What light can you shed on this confusing situation?
Hi & welcome. There is no confusing situation at all really. Until a year or so ago all that you would read on forums is: Otto Hoffmann is a fantasy name = Fake.
This is not quite true though, and it is now a known fact that there was a C L O T H manufacturer by this name.
Thats all though, to date still no connection at all, between this maker and metal badges of any kind.

Only for comparation: Here is my Otto Hoffman badge, it was purchased in London by a friend in late 70s. Some years ago he gave it to me without know if it was good or a reproduction.

Attachments

Detlev Niemann .. AKA Carsten Baldes, keeping the trade in fake HJ badges alive !

Attachments

Jamie Cross .. AKA Cross Jamie .. keeping the trade in fake HJ badges alive. link

Attachments

I haven't gone through the thread checking prices but this Hoffmann must be close to a record:

HJ Abzeichen Auslandsorganisation Luxemburg Y129 Auction No.: 0006477916 (Mil321 Seller: Nordwind). As usual, fantastic detail in those far off, blurry pics... 385 Euros!!

Attachments

Back