First pattern HJ membership badges okay?

Thanks Received
are the ones for sale at german war booty ok?

Admin edit: pics added

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

It looks like all 4 have been fooled about with on the reverse somehow, (attachments replaced?) but would need much better pics though. The obverse does have the missing ends of the sun bottom line, which is seen on the fakes, but i guess is no guarantee for anything.

swastikas look well weird at the bottoms, first three are red'ish enamel the last nearly all black? as Jo says they also have fuggly lumps of glue or something of the sort attach the pin plates, these would not be for my collection anyway.

but who am i ;) look forward to some learning here, maybe some better pictures?

swastikas look well weird at the bottoms, first three are red'ish enamel the last nearly all black?
Hi "Gold"
Yes but that doesn't mean a thing though. It might if you had only seen a few and had laid down some "rules" for yourself as many already have regarding the swas, the amount of sun rays etc.. it is just not possible though, as i found out myself by looking a bit closer at a few different badges. The color of the enamel depends on so many things, i covered these in my book already, so that is an "oddity" that can be explained and wont point to anything good or bad really.

I also have examples of the identical party badges, that now, some 70 years later show different taints to the red enamel, some dark, some very light....

Here is another supposedly original, that sports no GES.GESCH, yet does show the same line breaks along the sun border/line. LINK. (image below)

But is that original? Well i dont know, i can only say that with these badges, you really need to have them in your chubby paws, and you really need to examine each one, because there are no flaws as such, that you only find on good or bad, despite what anyone says, or what people have posted on a forum regarding traits like the "rounded" tips of the sun rays, the amount of sun rays, the shape of the swas, the missing/present hyphen between the words ARBEITER-JUGEND .. etc etc..

I personally dont like the 4 that start this thread off because i get the feeling that they have all been tampered with. But in order to say 100% Yeah or Nay, i would need to have one in my worship-clappers.

This one below i have shown a few times now, 15 sun rays only, rounded sun ray tips, pink-ish enamel, Boris-the-animal design, quickly made die, but.... 100% original.

Attachments

"Gold", i made the "How many .. Arbeiter-Jugend badges.. thread" a sticky, see if that encourages a bit more activity on these badges... there are a few threads, but they are fragmented around the house, maybe best to have them all on one thread like the diamond HJ badges thread..

You could write a book on the noticeable differences between design-period-maker(s) Another would be the letters, sometimes they are also very different (Letter "G" letter "J" etc.....)

Attachments

hello long john , i understand what ya saying there, especially about an in hand with an item !! an a good picture may speak a thousand words but it also hides the same! whats the powdered marks on the fronts almost looks as if its been something wet , as it has dry finger smudges, why are all 5 repaired ?

couple a buyers believe them to be Original they may be i will now agree but the more i look the more dont like them and in my opinion above i should have stated this !!

hello long john ....
HAA haa! Thats from a new users responses to me this week "Hi Silver" ... lol, i was just waiting for the Xmas "HO" to be added there, to round it off to Hi Ho Silver !!!

No, i dont like them at all either, and would not pay full whack for one of them without HUGE images. Yes, all 4 give the impression that "something" aint right, so definitely worth a closer butchers....

Back