flat enamel

i would not be too quick to condem this badge the reverse looks very good and so does the swas and there are original badges with the solid enamel

I to note the reverse on this one which looks good but these are just to controversial and make good debate

PAUL

When you said it came from Latvia, I thought you were saying it was a definite fake. But there is a chance it could be OK?
No offense to the seller if it is real. I said what i said in my previous post because I thought it was a fake.
Can someone refresh my memory and explain why some genuine badges had this flat enamel? Or supposedly had it? I am confused.

Pat there are known fakes with this enamel but at the same time these have showed up in so called vet lots. Latvia is a red flag for sure and even with the looks of this one it is caveat emptor know the source

PAUL

I posted this to create discussion

Pat there are known fakes with this enamel but at the same time these have showed up in so called vet lots. Latvia is a red flag for sure and even with the looks of this one it is caveat emptor know the source

PAUL

I posted this to create discussion

I tend to disagree when I read prejudicial statements. Latvia is a baltic republic,in the EC since 2004 and I don't see why people from there should have a red flag. I deal with people from Latvia on daily basis for work...
Fakers and crooks are EVERYWHERE.

I actually tend to like this badge, nice back and imo is original. Maybe I wasted my Christmas money but I already got it .

I tend to disagree when I read prejudicial statements. Latvia is a baltic republic,in the EC since 2004 and I don't see why people from there should have a red flag. I deal with people from Latvia on daily basis for work...
Fakers and crooks are EVERYWHERE.

I actually tend to like this badge, nice back and imo is original. Maybe I wasted my Christmas money but I already got it .

Latvia AMONG other nations is one of the capitals of numerous fakes I don't think there is any argument there and good luck with your badge

PAUL

i like the badge, people seem too happy to condem something thats not the norm, id be happy with it in my collection

no one has condemned the badge , it has been commented on. I posted it and have stated on at least two occasions for discussion not emotions. And it is well known the badge is controversial and therefore deserves discussion lets not start getting our dander up over nothing as this is what causes the problems on other forums

paul i was not getting my dander up (whatever a dander is and if i have one:001_tt2:) what i was saying is that in general with this type of collecting people are allways quick to condem items that vary from the accepted norm as bad, i remember when the golden hj badges like the one garry has where rubbished because they where not the norm but know they are accepted as being good.
this thread is a great example of this you posted the badge for the point of discussion by the 4-5th post people where already assuming the badge was bad even though nobody actually said it was

I humbly think that every time one of these shows up it should be closely scrutinized as with all badges that carry a poor pedigree. I can not understand your position on this but that is what the forum is for freedom of speech and thought within the rules enough said

I wish to make it abundantly clear that I am not racist towards anyone, including people from Latvia. However, I have heard numerous times that East Europe is awash with fakes & that a lot of fakes are made there. Therefore, when I heard Latvia, a red flag went up in my mind. If that is too prejudicial or wrong, I do apologise. I want to be a good mod and not show any kind of bias or ignorance. I certainly have no beef with people from that area, nor do I think that every item from there is bad. I also don't think items that differ are necessarily fake. But I'd rather have tried & true examples in my collection. But that's just me.

One thing is fact. There is a large "cottage" industry in Latvia (among other places like Pakistan for example) that makes reproduced TR period items. I haven't commented on the authenticity of this badge, it's not an area that I study very much so I don't know about that. I have heard more than one horror story of parcels from Latvia, among other Eastern nations, being lost, stolen, missing etc. No intent to make a broad statement about Latvians other any other nationality, only stating the rumors and stories I read about regarding unreliable postage from the region.

Back