Goldenes HJ Abzeichen

Thanks Received
Hallo,
is this good or a fake.
Thank´s for your help.
Best Regards

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hallo Wim,
are you sure this badge is OK, I think it´s a fake. Because the "RZM"-mark is under the needle, could this be OK, have you a Abzeichen like mine, please send a picture.
Best Regards from Austria
Alois

Last edited:
Hi Guys.

Apart from the bad pictures, i can see the following:

-No awarded number
-No replacement number or replacement markings (as is found on Deschler, Deumer and Crone B-stücke)
-No typical Deumer markings
-The M1 number is "in the way" of the attachment (not what we see with Deumer pieces)
-Material (going by the reverse picture) does not look right

I know that it is mentioned that from a certain point onward replacement badges would be issued without any additional markings, but was this "law" not introduced after the mention that the new clasp system would be used (by Deumer)? This is also not the way we see Deumer replacement-pieces issued after the above mentioned "law"
Apart from the above points, my gut feeling says "put me down and walk away"

I have one with a removed serial number (last digit still visible) and the set up is the same like yours. The placement of the mm and RZM logo is a perfect match with my B-marked pieces and serial numbered example. Also the dot pattern is the same.

Attachments

Hall Wim,
you are right, my Abzeichen also had , digit still visible, from a removed serial number.
Mayby my Abzeichen could be OK.
Best Regards

Glad i dont collect them, just too many questions and "could be`s" with these 120/ marked badges. Pin plate was removed, then number ground out, then another pin plate fixed, then badge gold washed, or gold washed again.
I guess you could explain all the oddities with a few stories, and a few maybe`s.. too much for me though, i would rather just go with a known maker, even for the B-numbered badges there are good marked pieces at good prices.
Wim i know you are comparing the Pebbling on yours with a plate-left- to those with the Deumer safety catch-right-and they match up, but you know what i have always said about these M1/120 marked badges .... the "wear" on these would also be a problem for me, the badge on the left, with the round pin plate looks like it got all its knocks, dings and patina on the same day. I guess this will never end, (with me anyway) you will have those who like them, and those like me who just dont. There is just no life in them for my liking. No feel.. they are just...here..sitting on a shelf (or thread) looking like 12 o`clock half struck. Just one of many HJ badges that are a "topic"▬i see the HJ Ausländer badge thread has kicked off again on WAF...

Back