Hitler Youth - Deutsche Jugend, Hungary -- opinions on this membership badge please

Thanks Received
I have just purchased this badge. In reading previous submission odds are 95% it is fake but I offer up pics for your review. Doug

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Oh dear, so you are the poor guy that got burnt for 400 quid with this. I mentioned this fake on a WAF thread a few days ago, and a few years ago, the exact same fake was also mentioned on WAF by someone else. (The same badge, from the same UK seller) I am at work right now, so cant go into details, but if you want to know exactly why it is a fake, i`ll tell you later.

I would appreciate any further details as to why it is fake. If you don't mind I would like to use it as ammunition to return it(which I have 30 days) and yes to the UK seller! My bad and another lesson learned!

You`ll have to give me until Sunday, Monday at the lastest. Yes i am sure he will take it back, and then re-list it in a few years LOL.....
Foreign HJ badges, like the Croatian badge, or the Slovakian, or the Youth in other European countries at that time, can only be classed as extremely rare! Some of them, like this Ungarn badge, are so rare that you just do not see them! If you find a website, that is not specialized in these, listing this kind of stuff on a regular basis, that should be enough to tell you to leave them alone.
In the meantime, here is a Hungarian thread for you...

I would appreciate any further details as to why it is fake. If you don't mind I would like to use it as ammunition to return it(which I have 30 days) and yes to the UK seller! My bad and another lesson learned!

yip its the £395 fugly fake from the uk dealer, the pitted appearance to the rear of the planchet is rough like a sand casted metal would be the pin plate is just WRONG nothing like an original one, the enamel is also ugly, and this is taking into account that it wouldnt be made to German/rzm standard, but just look at Jo's Deutsche Jugend membership diamond on his party badge website, quality piece for sure! he is your man on this pin he has much experience and info!

Jo mind i said to you it would be a GULP moment when the buyer received it or seen one of the waf postings!!

Doug get it on the next plane first class tracked and signed for mate, the worst thing in this? that dealer KNEW BETTER IMHO

hope you get it resolved quick, cant you just sent it back for a quick refund like you can with most dealers Doug? its not not like you had it years!

e2a the other week when i seen it listed/sold quickly in the update i noted the ugly points and asked Jo his opinion on it via email (just for the learning) pointing out the faults he laughed/agreed and showed a couple of badges from the same old time faker with some terrible enamel and pin plates finish etc!

Last edited:
yip its the £395 fugly fake from the uk dealer, the pitted appearance to the rear of the planchet is rough like a sand casted metal would be the pin plate is just WRONG nothing like an original one, the enamel is also ugly, and this is taking into account that it wouldnt be made to German/rzm standard, but just look at Jo's Deutsche Jugend membership diamond on his party badge website, quality piece for sure! he is your man on this pin he has much experience and info!

Jo mind i said to you it would be a GULP moment when the buyer received it or seen one of the waf postings!!

Doug get it on the next plane first class tracked and signed for mate, the worst thing in this? that dealer KNEW BETTER IMHO

hope you get it resolved quick, cant you just sent it back for a quick refund like you can with most dealers Doug? its not not like you had it years!

e2a the other week when i seen it listed/sold quickly in the update i noted the ugly points and asked Jo his opinion on it via email (just for the learning) pointing out the faults he laughed/agreed and showed a couple of badges from the same old time faker with some terrible enamel and pin plates finish etc!

Thanks for the comments. It will be going back this week. ps. also posted my HJ bayonet pics on that thread if you want to have a look.

Aye, indeed. I dont mind a gentle gulp, but this one sticks in your throat and wont go down...
Many have suffocated on a piece like this before.. :sad:
A good piece, will be a rare piece, and a rare piece, deserves HUGE, clear images... when you see poxy, minute images of a supposed unique and rare badge, do your wallet a favor and ask
for much better images first. If there is nothing to hide, better images will follow from the seller, otherwise leave it.
Lucky for you, you posted it :) many dont, and are just happy to believe that they have an original.

Aye, indeed. I dont mind a gentle gulp, but this one sticks in your throat and wont go down...
Many have suffocated on a piece like this before.. :sad:
A good piece, will be a rare piece, and a rare piece, deserves HUGE, clear images... when you see poxy, minute images of a supposed unique and rare badge, do your wallet a favor and ask
for much better images first. If there is nothing to hide, better images will follow from the seller, otherwise leave it.
Lucky for you, you posted it :) many dont, and are just happy to believe that they have an original.

This lesson certainly shows the value of this forum and as you say many purchases are done in silence without verification to authenticate pieces. I am sure my collection has a number of other fakes that I continue to ferret out. Look for more postings from me to take advantage of the expertise this forum offers. Thanks to all!

Back