HJ Arbeiterjugend membership badge GES GESCH

Why not - can they not be reasons :w00t:
People readily accept Granddad Jeremiah stories from a show back in `77, so why not the reasons you gave?

stroking beard and nodding ever so gently .... i see we agree :swiss

I found 2 fakes... very pleasing to the eye. If the reverse markings did not give them away, just from the obverse.. would you be able to tell if they were good or not...?
Both being sold by stand-up good guys... or stand-ins for Milli Vanilli ? In any case, relax to the views of these soothing images.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Another fake, listed as good on RVM.. again, very pleasing to the eye - until we view the reverse:swiss. Same fake as can be found here

Attachments

Made to deceive no doubt. Many of these are clever looking fakes Jo. I've been in the cloth game for some time, but to me some of these enamels look really good for fakes. Minefield.

Aaah, the smell of fresh onions ....

Yes Darin. And with the above 3 fake-olas, there are a series of fakes all marked in the same way, SS badges, other orgs, sympathy etc etc.. so they are really easy to spot on account of the bogus, and in at least 1 case, impossible - reverse markings.
They are also reverse markings that have been copies and re-copied and just will not flush.. There are fakes however, that were not produced in a series of... fakes that most will never have seen before. So you really need to know your onions with all kinds of small badges, and not just have a brief window of experience with a few Nazi badges. I showed this image on another thread here a year or so ago, but why not again.... the micro way of being 100% sure without having to listen to any outside babbling, opinions of people who dont have 2 sticks to rub together, or "authentication based on a comparison of on-line images accompanied by an outdated reference book, sprinkled with 5 cent Uncle Albert fairy tales.

Attachments

Last edited:
Aaah, the smell of fresh onions pII

Now if you look at the above image, which is also the image below :)pound:) the badge is an unquestionably authentic badge, with quite a rare makers mark/details on it.
BUT:
the obverse is shocking, the overall appearance of the badge is sloppy, the enamel is pathetic, being a funny half opaque red, resting on a background that does not look like the usual pebbles, scrapings, markings, engraving that we usually find.. and there are only 15 sun rays, WITH ROUNDED tips!! nonetheless, this badge is a 100% original, even though it is the exact opposite of what has already been mentioned on this thread are the "reasons" why it should be good/bad.

With the early fakes of small badges, and awards, it is incredibly difficult to be 100% sure without using micro images. And what we would normally use to assist us in "evaluating" as new member jnoble has stated, cannot be relied on at all, as you see with this badge, the exact opposite to everything we would want to see, but original :) and it is no exception at all, with these badges there are many, many different variations, by many makers, in varying quality/enamels etc....

Attachments

The top badge would be harder to judge just by looking at the obverse but the badge offered by Kai Winkler is just not for me I really don't like the over all design and finish of obverse of the badge. The third one does warrant a second look.

Could be yours at only 120.- ►LINK
oooooooh, the shame....

Attachments

At least who ever did the enamel on Winkler's badge did a better job.

Hi,

I have a badge that seems to me the same GES GESCH version from the badge started this thread. If I understand correctly, It's considered a good badge?

Best Regards,

Ricardo

Attachments

Back