Please login to view user info

HJ Members Badge M1/9 with round backplate

Hello All,
    here is a badge that was in a box along with a lot of other bits and pieces.

After looking at Jo's epic work on membership badges. This one appears to have either.
    1. had a replacement pin added or
    2. Has a variant pin
    3. Is a different die to that normally seen.
    4. Is an old fake badge

Any opinions welcomed.

All the best
    Doug

Attached Images Attached Images

Do you mean this thread Doug? How many makers of the diamond-shape Hitler Youth membership badge were there?

I went over there and the M1/9 badges seem better executed than the one you show here. The dot patterns are crisp and similar to one another where yours is very different. I would call "fake" on that M1/9 but hopefully Jo Rivett and others will comment too.

Thanks Crack,
    I'm really not sure about this badge,
    It was the link you mentioned that i had a look at and as you mention the couple that are pictured have a different dot pattern. Hence my assumption that it could have been a different die, or indeed a fake as I mention in my first post

All the best
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by crack View Post
    Do you mean this thread Doug? How many makers of the diamond-shape Hitler Youth membership badge were there?

I went over there and the M1/9 badges seem better executed than the one you show here. The dot patterns are crisp and similar to one another where yours is very different. I would call "fake" on that M1/9 but hopefully Jo Rivett and others will comment too.

Doug, is it possible to get a really close, and really good image of the RZM logo.

Here you go Jo,
    these are about the best close ups I can actually get.

Cheers
    Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images