HJ membership badge by Boerger und Co

Interesting badge due to the very thin swastika. I've noticed on many fakes the swastika is very thick and odd looking for some reason.

Yes, Boerger badges do have that "personal touch" Very easy to see that they were not using a common master die or sub-contractor. Their 1st version Hitler Youth badge is also special.
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Wonderful early named HJ badge. Joe have you narrowed down the time frame to when the RZM took hold. I have HJ buckles by Assmann/O&C ges gesch with just the maker names...no rzm of course. I just bought a 1931 S-A Braunschweig treffen 2nd model badge with no MM to the reverse, by my research Assmann. Would something like that predate the RZM 17 MM treffen badges. It appears to me this all ties in together...Transitional?

Joe have you narrowed down the time frame to when the RZM took hold.
Yes, with relation to the reverse markings as well as the RZM logo, explained on many pages in The Party Badge book. BUT..... the research pertains only to small official badges, not belt buckles, Helmets, Cloth or anything else.

Interesting badge due to the very thin swastika. I've noticed on many fakes the swastika is very thick and odd looking for some reason.
They used the same Boerger HJ (thin swastika) diamond for the article as well :swiss

Attachments

Last edited:
Back