HJ membership badge opinions

Thanks Received
Hello guys

Could you help me on this one please.
Is it a Ges. Gesch ? Or a fake ?
Thank you.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Cant see anything out of the ordinary here. Condition is not so good, otherwise it looks like a normal 1933-made membership badge.

I don t know i l starting hj items but if it s ok for you that s great thx.
OK, now i understand if you just started.
No, we have examples of these badges with many variations in their markings. When this version took over from the 1st pattern, the RZM was indeed controlling these items, but not to the extent that they would after 1935 and onwards. There were many HJ members by mid-1933, so when the new diamond was introduced, there would have been a huge market for these badges. The next step on from the individual markings would be the transitional markings, with RZM logo and code in some form, then after April 1935 the badges were supposed to show the new M1/ prefix.

Finding these diamonds with no markings, GES.GESCH. only or just a makers name is perfectly fine. Of course the badges need to be judged by themselves and no markings are automatically an indication that the item is good or bad... but in your case the diamond looks fine.

See this thread for more..
http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f2...itler-youth-membership-badge-were-there-7011/

Back