HJ membership and Frauenschaft badges by maker M1/170?

Thanks Received
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and have a question. I specifically collect pieces made by two makers; B.H. Mayer and Klein & Quenzer. I am currently trying to find out for certain if B.H. Mayer made a HJ Diamond membership badge and a N.S. Frauenschaft badge. Can anyone confirm for me if they did or not? I am fairly certain that K&Q did not but I would be happy to hear otherwise!

I have so far only come across one example of a HJ membership badge and NS Frauenshcaft badge that were marked M1/170 for B.H. Mayer and am only now in the process of researching their authenticity.

I would really appreciate any help or information anyone might have that would answer my question.

Many thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you more experienced collectors.
Kind regards,
Rob.

Good question Rob. I can't say that I've ever seen one by M1/170. Would it be possible to see your example please?

Hi - yes, I have a couple of pictures now. Please excuse the quality as they are only screen grabs. I think the HJ membership pin looks pretty good but I have reservations about the NS Frauenschaft badge. I would welcome some thoughts from others.

All the best,
Rob.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

One more thing to ask; I have come across a HJ membership badge marked 26 with the RZM mark. I have read that these type of badges were produced for a short period between circa 1934 and 1935 before the M1 serial numbers were fully implemented. Does the lone number (e.g. '26') identify the Präsidialkanzlei number, which would mean that this is a badge by B.H. Mayer, or is this lone number simply missing the M1 prefix?

Many thanks again for your help and interest!
All the best,
Rob.

Attachments

Jo Rivett will be able to give you a yes or no on the M1/170 I'm sure Rob but the 26 looks good. The number 26 stands for the maker and as Joe mentions here, such badges can be placed into 1933-35. Jo or Wim will be able to confirm who 26 was for you.

One more thing to ask; I have come across a HJ membership badge marked 26 with the RZM mark. I have read that these type of badges were produced for a short period between circa 1934 and 1935 before the M1 serial numbers were fully implemented. Does the lone number (e.g. '26') identify the Präsidialkanzlei number, which would mean that this is a badge by B.H. Mayer, or is this lone number simply missing the M1 prefix?

How many makers of the diamond-shape Hitler Youth membership badge were there?

Back