HJ Potsdam Badge

Thanks Received
I have this nice Silver Potsdam Badge. It is maker marked. It is my understanding the silver is much rarer than the Bronze one. Is that true? Could anybody give me some idea what this is worth? Thanks!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
The silver is certainly more desirable for HJ collectors:

The Potsdam badge in silver was the one given to active participants on the day. The brown version was available for purchase by spectators. Regulations dated 15.5.1937 were introduced to stop the brown version being worn from that year. The silver version was unaffected by this and could continue to be worn.

As far as price goes I would say around 120 to 150 Euros but yours looks to be the standard version going by those pics?

The Potsdam badge in silver was the one given to active participants on the day. The brown version was available for purchase by spectators. Regulations dated 15.5.1937 were introduced to stop the brown version being worn from that year. The silver version was unaffected by this and could continue to be worn.

As far as price goes I would say around 120 to 150 Euros but yours looks to be the standard version going by those pics?
Thanks for the info.

My badge does not have a serial number. Did some of them have one? I was wondering what you meant by "standard badge". Was there a special badge? Mine is a lot shinier on the high places than the scans would indicate. Mine is very well struck. Thanks

Hi,

By 'standard' I mean the bronze version. No, that's correct, none of these, silver or bronze, had serial numbers.

As I say, you have the badge in hand but on the pics it looks the bronze version.

Hello all,
Here is my silver Potsdam badge with the same maker as oldtrcollectors. Am I correct in thinking that most of these Potsdam badges,at least the bronze ones, seem to be made by Hoffstatter? This maker, Herman Aurich(?) doesn't seem to be on too many of the badges I usually see. In any case these are sharp looking badges for sure.
Duzig(Bill)

Attachments

I was concentrating on the colour so much that I totally failed to notice that :) Yes, Hoffstätter is seen far more often than Aurich.

I have lightened up the image of the badge a bit. This should indicate it is Silver. :thumb:

Attachments

Back