Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Please login to view user info

HJ stickpin membership badge for civilian clothes

I was looking for one of these pins since a while and finally I got one in Austria. Here it is :

Attached Images Attached Images

Nice find Matt, thats a really good example

Nick

I'm always suspicious of these Matt because it can be seen from period documentation that the HJ membership badge came in one size only and that miniature versions were forbidden. This is specifically noted in a regulation which names its source as 'Aufbau und Abzeichen der Hitler-Jugend' from 1940. I'm pretty sure that I have seen a magazine scan from 1934/35 somewhere which showed that the badge only came in one size back then too but can't find it at the moment. If we can come up with something which shows that the RZM gave a licence to a company or companies to produce a stickpin version of the membership badge that would be a great help and would shut me up instantly :)

Edit on 26.5.2013: please see Jo's information in post #5 showing that the membership badge was indeed sold for a time in two sizes.

All I can say is that what you wrote makes sense and I agree on the logic. I do have a couple of portraits showing lapel diamonds but it is hard to get the real proportion without a comparison.
    This one came from a reliable source I have in Austria and I feel 100% confident with it. Still the documentation regarding these pins is missing.

Just stumbling over old threads looking for HJ numbers to link to the sticky thread, and finding a few "dead" threads..
    What i can add to this thread is that there were, with 100% certainty, smaller versions of the HJ diamond badge. They are even found in print, offered in the "normal size" and the "smaller than normal size"
    edit: I have no problems with the shown stickpin, in fact it is quite easy to see that it is an honest original. I dont know when they died out, but some time after mid 1935 thats for sure. Although the RZM regulations do state a price for a lilliput version of the parteiabzeichen, they only state 1 price and size of HJ diamond. In any case, there are quite a few makers marks on these as well. And of course fakes too! but they are a legit and documented TR item
    Last edited by Jo Rivett; 25th May 2013 at 10:25 PM.

interesting info that Jo! you think it could be sieger badge replacement diamonds looks to be that size? or would it be a pin back?

Quote Originally Posted by ss-collector View Post
    interesting info that Jo! you think it could be sieger badge replacement diamonds looks to be that size? or would it be a pin back?
    The advert above? if so, then no, it says "The new HJ badge, to pin on ! Normal size 0,25 Small size 0,25."

If you mean the badge in post 1, then no, you can see how it has been worn.

hey Jo i always thought this tiny diamond replacement on this kreis looked odd and messed with! maybe it is but then maybe it isnt and its one of the small ones, who knows?
    Last edited by Jo Rivett; 25th May 2013 at 10:32 PM.

yes that one thanks for the info as i could not read it mate

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ss-collector View Post
    hey Jo i always thought this tiny diamond replacement on this kreis looked odd and messed with! maybe it is but then maybe it isnt and its one of the small ones, who knows?
    Messed with for sure, but by who? Maybe the owner. It certainly would have been more practical to fit the smaller ones onto these awards imo, saved a lot of bent ends and damaged badges.
    Added images to your post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast