Hoffstätter HJ membership pin and M1/25 HJ shooting badge - Authentication Assistance

Thanks Received
Hey everyone, I'm at a militaria show and I came across this HJ membership pin and a shooting badge. The makers mark on the pin seems strange to me I have never seen anything like it and I can't tell if everything is correct on the shooting badge either. If they're real I'd like to be able to get them before it closes tomorrow (12pm EST). I'd really appreciate any thoughts you all might have. Thank you!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

They both look good to me. The membership pin is an early one.

How rare are the early pins in comparison to the later ones? I haven't seem many floating around.
Hoffstätter was the only maker of these in the beginning, so there are naturally a lot of them around. I sell one or two every year and see a few as well on and off. Here is another for sale now.
HJ Hitlerjugend Raute emailliertes Abzeichen Hersteller " Hofstätter " - Josef Pfanzelter Militaria
This thread may be interesting to you:
Early badges fully maker marked by other makers, Boerger, Oeschler, are rarer.
http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f23/how-many-makers-diamond-shape-hitler-youth-membership-badge-were-there-7011/

Agree the badge looks good to me. At shows always ask if a dealer has "room" on items especially on the last day of the show.

Update:
Thanks everyone for the feedback it has really helped. I am not happy to saw I am the proud owner of these badges!

Hey guys out of curiosity what do you use to determine the value of insignia like this? What condition do you consider average for these types of awards? Are enamel cracks pretty normal? Do scratches on the surface hurt the value much? Are earlier awards worth more than later ones, if so by how much? Where's the best place to price check these types of items? Up to this point I thought I had the market, but after getting back from my first international show I've noticed that the value of items like these can be all over the place and without a proper reference it can be difficult to know whether you are getting a good price. I appreciate any advice you guys can give me, thank you.

Hey guys out of curiosity what do you use to determine the value of insignia like this? What condition do you consider average for these types of awards? Are enamel cracks pretty normal? Do scratches on the surface hurt the value much? Are earlier awards worth more than later ones, if so by how much? Where's the best place to price check these types of items? Up to this point I thought I had the market, but after getting back from my first international show I've noticed that the value of items like these can be all over the place and without a proper reference it can be difficult to know whether you are getting a good price. I appreciate any advice you guys can give me, thank you.
That is one hell of a mouthful of questions.
The only "proper reference" comes with time. It is something you have to build up yourself. Comprising of what you have seen certain items sell for at auctions, listed at shows, listed on the net, discussed on fora and listed on the eStands. What you have paid for them and subsequently sold them for, what you have been offered and what you have seen over a period of time.
Then there is independent research, looking for facts that most are not interested in. How can you know what to pay for a certain item if you dont know how many were made? If you dont know how many fakes there are of that item.

In many cases the values you will find in books are invented, and serve only the author who most likely has that exact "ever so rare and scare" item in his collection.

The answer to your questions, is with experience, time, and a dedicated approach to what you are interested in.

As your in-hand image shows, $125.- for that! Yes you can find it cheaper, for 75 or so, and yes you can find it for more, 200 even. With smalls thats not really going to kill your bank balance, but it is a reflection of all prices. You will find the same 2.000 item for sale at 800, and also for 5.000.....

Thanks for the Jo that wasn't the type of answer I was expecting but I think it was one of the best I could hope to hear. Hopefully moving forward I can learn the answers to these questions for myself and continue to learn from the contributors of this forum. Thank you again!

Back