hi Stuart .I do have the M1 list with the 184 makers on it .I can copy it and post it to you if you want.
I do think that you will have it already though.Regatds Pete

hi pete

thanks for the offer but i have got it as you thought lol,but for some reason not all the m1 makers seem to have made hj members badges , anyone with any ideas why this is as i would thought that this would probably be the most produced third reich badge around as the members where in the millions

Now this is a bit odd .Digging in the dark recesses of my cupbords i found this.
Again a HJ diomand. This one is small 24mm x 13mm .The front is so well aged with dammaged enamel the rear has the green tone of the brass base.Now this is where it goes all odd.
The rear is marked HOFFSTATTER BONN GES GUEST there is also a RZM marking.
Now the maker will relate to the maker M1/15 Ferdinand Hoffstatter Bonn and Rhein.
This dosent add up .i will post the picture when i have good light.Any ideas guys.
Best regards Pete UK

Here is the odd one it has the lot makers name Ges guest and the RZM .So what do you recon to this .I think he was the first maker of there was he not.Regards Pete

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

This will be one of the early badges Pete. As you say, Hoffstätter was the only maker authorised to produce these in the beginning, He's at the bottom of the list in post one :thumb:

First early Hoffstätter I've seen actually.

Thanks Gary.But if he has got the licence from RZM WHY would these still read ges guest as i thought this ment patient pending and there is a licence so would there not be a patient ?.
Normaly you do not find the RZM and the ges guest together.

Jo will explain this in full I'm sure Pete. GES GESCH doesn't mean Patent Pending though and it is perfectly fine to see GES GESCH and the RZM mark on an early badge. As I say though, I'm sure Jo will have more to say.

Pete,

Jo is very busy at the mo and hasn't had time to post but he agrees with me that the badge is a good one :thumb:

I thought I'd go for a change with the avatar :) The literal translation of GES. GESCH. (Gesetzlich Geschützt) is 'Protected by Law' .

Hi Oleg.Can we have a little look at the little chap,best regards Pete UK

Hi Pete.

Yes, of course.

Kind regards, Oleg.

Attachments

Hi Pete.

Yes, of course.

Kind regards, Oleg.
Made of course between April 1935 (M1/ prefix first introduced middle March 1935) and at the very latest, November 1935 (They lost their RZM M1/ license in November 1935.)

Wow that is fantastic information mate.Jo thanks for that,to find out all of that is great.We never know enough about a maker.
Oleg i guess you have a fairley rare piece there.Thanks one more for the list.
Jo do you know why they were struck from the RZM .Best regards Pete

W
Jo do you know why they were struck from the RZM .Best regards Pete
Pete, when the RZM started their weekly (later bi-weekly) announcemnet papers in June 1934, they had two catagories for "withdrawn" licenses. They were: Involge verzichts, [The maker who had that license simply no longer wanted it] and wegen zuwiderhandlung, [The maker was warned before for doing something that he was not supposed to, but continued to, and did not heed the warning - so had the license forcefully withdrawn by the RZM]

Later though, the time frame that M1/66 falls into, there is only one catagory, and it does not say if the license was forcefully withdrawn, simply expired and was no longer wanted, or no longer wanted before it expired.

Of course just because a maker handed back, or lost, his M1/ license, did not mean that he, or they never made small badges again, or never made NS-related stuff again, Paul Cramer is a great example here, who handed his RZM small metal badge license (number N°59) back before there was even a M1/ prefixing system, (because he no longer wanted it) yet continued to produce NS-orientated small enamel badges long after that, well into the war period. (Just not "Official RZM badges" that would have required a M1/ license)

Last edited:
Thanks Jo that is great infomation.Very interesting and very informative piece on the RZM.Again many thanks best regards Pete

Back