thanks for the reply jo,i agree with everything you have written im just trying to get the facts on the forum for everyone to see, unfortunetly like many others on the forum i dont speak german and i honestly believe that this is a huge benefit when it comes to researching these items correctly.

so are we to say that kids in the larger towns could have been buying membership and other badges made of zinc and other lesser materials at the same time as others who lived in smaller towns where still buying messing badges,and so the two excisted at the same time for a period

so are we to say that kids in the larger towns could have been buying membership and other badges made of zinc and other lesser materials at the same time as others who lived in smaller towns where still buying messing badges,and so the two excisted at the same time for a period
Logic would subscribe to this. As with everything in the TR, nothing went "out of fashion" or was replaced by another - instantly. It all took time, according to supply and demand, sellers stocks etc etc... We saw all the way from 1933 through to early 1936 that the RZM is liberal with letting makers as well as sellers use up their old stock before being required to produce/sell the "latest" or new regulation stuff. So with small badges, which many sellers would surely have had a stock of, it would surely have been the same, with old stock being used up first.

I view it the same as the many bans on using messing for inland production, which would not have applied to all areas at the same time, and which would certainly have been interpreted differently by makers at that time according to what they were able to make, had in stock, or what was easier for them to make.

Hi Jo dont worry ,if we see any of the posters we will take them down ,ha ha ha .
Very Very Interesting and very deep rescearch done here.
If you dont mind me asking how long have you been putting the book together.

Logic would subscribe to this. As with everything in the TR, nothing went "out of fashion" or was replaced by another - instantly. It all took time, according to supply and demand, sellers stocks etc etc... We saw all the way from 1933 through to early 1936 that the RZM is liberal with letting makers as well as sellers use up their old stock before being required to produce/sell the "latest" or new regulation stuff. So with small badges, which many sellers would surely have had a stock of, it would surely have been the same, with old stock being used up first.

I view it the same as the many bans on using messing for inland production, which would not have applied to all areas at the same time, and which would certainly have been interpreted differently by makers at that time according to what they were able to make, had in stock, or what was easier for them to make.

Although I don't collect metal insignia, I have seen many period photos of older cloth insignia being worn after regulations changed as I believe there was a "grace" period to allow members to upgrade as new items and regulations came about. T think this carried over to metal items as well to a certain degree. After all, these people purchased the items themselves in most cases and Germans it seems did not throw anything away. This is one explanation of the hordes of colored Sigrunes that were found unissued in batches. Obsoleted but not thrown out, just packed away.

M1/128

Hi there gents ,i think i have a new one for the list.
Would you guys care to take a look and if ok can it go on the listplease.
Looks nice to me,now the front picture is a bit naff.Sorry the light was bad.Will take new pictures if needed.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Thanks for looking Pete UK

Attachments

Hi Pete, it`s a common number used by forgers on all kinds of small badges, but this one looks OK though.

Thanks there Jo.
There is another for Stuart to chaulk up on the list.hope you well mate.
thanks for the info there good point to look out for in the future.
I see that Croation diomand on your site.Wow and lovley.
Best regards Pete UK:thumbup:

Another Number for the list, RZM 11 - I know the following site has a ratio of 95/5 Fake items, but their HJ pin is genuine, and it`s a mark you dont find that often :whoo:

Attachments

nice badge, added to list as rzm 11 as there is no m1 mark on badge,has anyone seen a hj badge marked m1/11

Well that is a sweet piece.The 11 looks nice on its own.
I guess with the missing M1/ this does make it a hard to find piece.A real little treasure.
Is it the picture of my bad eyes or does this have a greater convex to it.
Besr regards Pete.

Added this one:

RZM No 34

Attachments

Back