Nice HJ Diomand.Hey Jo with those markings will it make it a piece from a sub contractor.
best regards Pete
Hi Pete, i would say, due to those markings it would make it definitely NOT a piece from a sub-contractor. M1/31 did change to the standard (or semi-standard) post April 1935 way of prefixing and marking their small badges, right before they had their M1/ license taken away from them. Very difficult to say when this badge dates from, could be late 1933, but it could also be shortly after the M1/ prefixing system was mandatory, or at least first mentioned, which is April 1935 and not a day earlier (or later) as many "reference" books would have you believe. I tend to place these transitional marked badges into one group period, namely from late 1933 through to around the middle of 1935. This form of marking(s) on the M1/31 (as well as just RZM 31) is specific to one maker only, namley M1/31. If we had observed the same form of writing on other badges from the same period, or been able to make any connection between badges with multiple makers numbers/marks on them making use of the identicle obverse die, then you can be sure that the makers who`s number is on the badge, didnt actually make it, with M1/31, i am 100% sure that they made them.

And before you ask, i have no idea why they lost their M1/ license, the RZMMtbl. only state the date that the license was withdrawn, but dont state the reason.
Nice badge, but it is a mix of fake and genuine on that site when it comes to small badges, beware, i just had a butchers, and Paul still has quite a few fake badges listed as genuine! :-(

Thanks Jo .
fantastic infomation .Yes you pre gessed me ,as soon as i see the word withdrawn i thought (i wonder why) .Ha .
Many thanks mate good to hear from you.
Best regards Pete

another two here

RZM M1/3
RZM M1/90

i think they are originals and i like them! the m1/90 more so!

but cough daylight robbery cough

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I will add M1/162 to the list as well.

Attachments

M1/158

Attachments

Hi there guys .
I do think the next one is the BIG 60 known makers of this great little badge we all love.
according to the RZM listings i have, we have 184 and a good few before it.
So can we asume we are about at 25% there.
Great job not bad as this list has not been running that long .
Keep up the great work and lets look forward to 50%.I know there will for sure be some we may never find,thats what keeps me looking.
best regards to all Pete UK

Last edited:
according to the RZM listings i have, we have 184 ..........
Incorrect, by very late 1944, the M1/ list shows 186 makers who were issued with licenses! One of them, Klein und Quenzer, (M1/185) produced HJ membership badges as well.

M1/9 added :swiss

Admin Edit: and another M1/9

Attachments

must say the front page of this thread looks more neat and more organized looking Garry!

here is M1/145 (could not save the images)

HJ Abzeichen | HJ / BDM / DJ | II. Weltkrieg | Richard Dawkins Militaria

Admin Edit: here's another M1/145:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry mate thought it was an admin thing, its looking good chap, keep up the good work!

thanks for bringing over them pics too!

p.s dont forget the rzm 8 ;)
RZM 8 has been up on the list since Adam was a boy! lol
No, just me playing around. I found another 6 or so numbers that we had in the membership badge section but not on the list. All added now, and counting....

Back