its building to be one hell of a list lol, looks like every man and his dog where making these badges, would have been easier to do a list of the makers not making it lol

Great job with post 1 Jo :thumb:

Might be worth making it clear in the "Fantasy and fake makers marks" section that a fake badge can be marked with a legitimate MM. I'm thinking of M1/52 and M1/34 and that the reader might be confused when he/she sees those MMs in the 'good' and 'fake' lists at the same time. The reader would only know what you actually mean if he clicked on the link and viewed the associated post (like the one you made for the fake M1/34 for example). Know what I mean?

Great job with post 1 Jo :thumb:

Might be worth making it clear in the "Fantasy and fake makers marks" section that a fake badge can be marked with a legitimate MM. I'm thinking of M1/52 and M1/34 and that the reader might be confused when he/she sees those MMs in the 'good' and 'fake' lists at the same time. The reader would only know what you actually mean if he clicked on the link and viewed the associated post (like the one you made for the fake M1/34 for example). Know what I mean?

Confusions the name of the game. It was my evil plot to stop people buying any and all M1/52 and M1/34 marked badges so i can have them all for myself! But alas, my plot has been foiled. I see that more work is needed on post 1.

(Unknown maker) Transitional RZM 33. Without a doubt one of the hardest transitional numbers to find on any small enamel.
You have to l♥ve the swastika.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
^ i like that alot!
So do i, i have RZM33 down as the rarest and hardest to find transitional number, as well as the actual way that the number is integrated into the RZM logo.

Attachments

Fridays "did you know"
All M1/33 marks are fake.
Although there are no indications as to who 33 was, they certainly did produce at least a few official badges during 1933 and early 1934. After the prefix M1/ was added, no original badges are known with the number M1/33. But plenty of fakes and fantasy badge are. Yes, everything is for sale, even ME if the price is right.

Attachments

- fists banging on the table, chicken drumsticks and other fine foods flying too and fro...."Giveth me this thing to hold, and by Zeus i will hold it "
? :blink: why are pirates called pirates? coz they Aaaaaaar !

Even though its real as you say the swasticker is a bit (off balance ) so to speak.
But i rearly DO like the RZM marking text piece very well executed and with the 33 incorapted under it it makes it a fantastic piece.
(everything is for sale.)I know what you mean i am a self-employed builder i have been selling myself for over 20 years ha ha

guys, please...you`ll have me reaching for the Kleenex in a minute...:swiss
agreed, nice fat, crippled swastika. A theory could be formed, indeed even put forward, that the reason for this could possibly be the maker accidentally spilling sulfuric acid in both eyes while he was engraving the master die.. we will never know.

Back