Jamie Cross fakes

Thanks Received
On Jamie Cross website, on the weekly update he advertising a HJ membership badge stamped Otto Hoffmann.

Am I right in thinking these are all fakes? I am sure that I have read about these before on the Forum?

steiner

For what I have learnt in this Forum, this one turns alarms on!!!!!!

So I rather... not even look at it.

Regards

Antonio

its a def fake even has the bad pin retainer, jamie should know better:(

I think Jamie Cross knows exactly what he is doing, this is not the first time he has passed off fake items as real. I would certainly not deal with him, I have heard to many horror storys about him lately.

steiner:thumbdown:

I think Jamie Cross knows exactly what he is doing, this is not the first time he has passed off fake items as real. I would certainly not deal with him, I have heard to many horror storys about him lately.

steiner:thumbdown:
Jamie Cross is nothing but a con artist.I had to threaten him with a solicitors letter to get my money back.
Pass him by imo.
dave

hi all, ive just been reading this thread and feel quite alarmed. ive recently bought a HJ membership badge from jamie. i only started collecting a few weeks ago. the badge i bought has the maker "hoffstatter" on the back and on the other side of the pin are the words "bonn ? gesch"
does this sound ok or have i been done by jamie ?
darren

Jamie Cross is nothing but a con artist.I had to threaten him with a solicitors letter to get my money back.
Pass him by imo.
dave

hi all, ive just been reading this thread and feel quite alarmed. ive recently bought a HJ membership badge from jamie. i only started collecting a few weeks ago. the badge i bought has the maker "hoffstatter" on the back and on the other side of the pin are the words "bonn ? gesch"
does this sound ok or have i been done by jamie ?
darren

mate pics tell a thousand words welcome to the german minefeild of militaria collecting! :thumbup:

hi ewan

thanks for the advice. im being a bit dim here but how do i put a picture on the thread ?:blush:

Ewan hello there and haw are you ?
Anyway back to the thread.
Its about time that these dealers who sell fakes are prosecuted.:frusty:

Ewan is rite its like a dam mine field iam tired of dealers who say there items are genuine or guarantee 100% and no fine well there not. its not fair to the new collector's it puts them of getting in to this sort of thing. do thy not realize if thy did not flood the market with fakes that the good stuff would be worth more. real getting sick and tired of shit like this , to be fair if it wasn't for you guys on here i would have no idea what i was buying i re-lie on the knowledge from you lads who no a hell of allot more than me for help.

I think maybe we should put together a NO GO dealers list for every one to see:help:

cheers steve :yo:

your right steve
as a new collector its a bit daunting. so far through my homework, the only seller that keeps coming up a really genuine is klaus butchek. who knows though.:confused1:
the really disappointing thing is ive just had a look on the jamie cross site and there is a hj membership badge for sale made by otto hoffman. i would not know if its a fake but it does nlook dirrerent to the other he has for sale. going back to the first post on this thread by steiner, he was saying the same thing last year !!!!
darren

Ewan is rite its like a dam mine field iam tired of dealers who say there items are genuine or guarantee 100% and no fine well there not. its not fair to the new collector's it puts them of getting in to this sort of thing. do thy not realize if thy did not flood the market with fakes that the good stuff would be worth more. real getting sick and tired of shit like this , to be fair if it wasn't for you guys on here i would have no idea what i was buying i re-lie on the knowledge from you lads who no a hell of allot more than me for help.

I think maybe we should put together a NO GO dealers list for every one to see:help:

I think it would be better to have a best dealer poll instead of naming and shaming.
One of the dealers who I'm friendly with has surprised me recently and let me say I'm very disappointed with him now, selling some outright fakes.
Its telling me something that there is not much left, its all in peoples collections

what you have to remember is every collector even the most experianced started somewhere, we have all had our share of fakes its part of the learning process,i recommend buying some books and doing the work to get to know the area you are interested in collecting, and in the meantime if in doubt ask here we will all help where we can, i think between all the members here we have just about every area of youth collecting covered

Hi stuart most books naw are full of fake items.
Would you trust jamies books ?Naw that he has been exposed as a bad dealer,i think not.Like you say its forums naw not glossy books packed with fakes.

hi dave

even though most books have some fakes there are some really good books out there to help new collectors along , when it comes to the hj then you have a 2 vol set by angolia, a 1 vol by littlejohn and a 3 vol set by philip baker that every collector of hj should own for refrence, and if its shoulder boards or triangles then the new saris book is another essential..

as for forums you have to remember you dont know who is answering your question he could know nothing i have seen members join waf and ask lots of questions to bulk up their count and then all of a sudden they are experst answering everything, so not even forums are allways accurate, you have to be able to learn to make your own decisions as it is your money you are going to be spending after all, in the meantime members here will help as much as poss but theres nothing like learning about your interests so you dont have to ask others

Back