Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I think it would be better to have a best dealer poll instead of naming and shaming.
    One of the dealers who I'm friendly with has surprised me recently and let me say I'm very disappointed with him now, selling some outright fakes.
    Its telling me something that there is not much left, its all in peoples collections

haye Dave ye i think that would be a better idea a poll voted by every one on the best dealers for every one witch can be up dated

I do agree with you to Stuart that its how u learn we have all been stung in the past me especially the first thing i ever bout was a German ww2 sniper badge had no idea thy were the Hollie grail and it was a repo silly me But its Costly mistakes and these days allot cant afford to make these mistakes

cheers steve

Dave -
    Well put alfrie i agree.

Dave -
    Stu your last post i agree with as well.
    nice said.

the biggest problem is that even though jamie cross has some fakes he also has a lot of genuine stuff, most dealers sell their share of fakes, learn about the item and never take a dealer on his great reputation, weitze at the mo haswhat looks like a bad honour badge which he has put with a good doc to make it seem good, and who remembers the god who was mr niemann who had at least one fake on nearly every update,

Dave -
    Quote Originally Posted by [LEFT
    stuart[/LEFT];26730]the biggest problem is that even though
    jamie
    cross has some fakes he also has a lot of genuine stuff, most dealers sell their share of fakes, learn about the item and never take a dealer on his great reputation,
    weitze
    at the mo
    haswhat
    looks like a bad honour badge which he has put with a good doc to make it seem good, and who remembers the god who was
    mr
    niemann
    who had at least one fake on nearly every update,
    Like i said its about time these dealers were
    prosecuted
    .:rant:

im no expert as new to collecting but i have seen loads of good reports about klaus butscheks site. any thoughts on this dealer ?

darren

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Like i said its about time these dealers were
    prosecuted

Quote Originally Posted by BettySwollocks View Post
    im no expert as new to collecting but i have seen loads of good reports about klaus butscheks site. any thoughts on this dealer ?

darren

haye darren ye hes good i got some bits from him
    try www.janssen-militaria.com and Hiscoll Military Antiques to mate

cheers steve

Dave -
    Quote Originally Posted by BettySwollocks View Post

darren

OTE=Dave;26731]Like i said its about time these dealers were
    prosecuted
    [/QUOTE]

but he has been told in the past but a genuine mistake may i add.

this is the issue dealers like butchek know their area well enough that they should never let fakes slip in to their updates , but yet they still do , so the question is do they now they are fake and hope nobody will say anything or is it a genuine slip ,after all if someone does bring it up all they have to say is sorry and remove it and no harm done

good point stuart,
    looks like as a new collector im entering a minefield here. i might just stick to collecting pints of stella artois, at least i know what im getting
    darren

Quote Originally Posted by stuart View Post
    this is the issue dealers like butchek know their area well enough that they should never let fakes slip in to their updates , but yet they still do , so the question is do they now they are fake and hope nobody will say anything or is it a genuine slip ,after all if someone does bring it up all they have to say is sorry and remove it and no harm done

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast