Jugendbund im Deutschbund Membership Badge - fake?

Thanks Received
ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ONE JUST SOLD ON A WELL KNOWN SITE. DO NOT LIKE THE MANUFACTURE OR THE BACKWARD SWAS .

German Youth Jugendbund im Deutschbund Membership Badge, Second Pattern. Good looking and well-marked German Youth Jugendbund im Deutschbund Membership Badge, Second Pattern.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

There is no problem with the Swaz facing the other direction, especially on an early piece. Many early groups used it facing the other way to the one we expect (remember this pin has nothing to do with the NSDAP, it's just another of the many right wing youth groups as far as I'm aware). You can even see pictures of freikorp troops with it painted that way on their helmets.

I suspect that the pin has been replaced on this piece, more often the pin has a hook type end to the pin as seen on the other one that the site had. For some reason the enamel work is always sloppy on these, I haven't seen many but those that I have seen have overspill of colours etc. I'm waiting for it to arrive & will be able to say more once I have it in hand

Cheers
Don

What does the letters J.d.N.H. stand for?

I believe that it's the motto of the group, "Im deutschen Namen Heil!" (I.d.N.H.). It was written out in full on the earlier badges.

Cheers
Don

Last edited:
OR THE BACKWARD SWAS .
Thats not a problem at all. The Thule used them as well, both actually, as well as a few others, as well as it being used as a Good Luck symbol, which is still is/means in some countries today.
:yo:

Attachments

Here's a first pattern pin (from germanwaarbooty.com)

Attachments

Jugendbund im Deutschbund ? was there such a thing?

I've no idea whether that was the actual name of the group or not. The pins have been attributed to them by Hüsken, but we both know that he can be un-reliable in such cases.

They may have just been nationalistic slogan pins sold on street corners by some small now forgotten group?

Cheers
Don

No, they are for the Deutschbund, thats 100%. But i don't think there was a Jugendbund in the Deutschbund

Here's on from ebay.

Attachments

No, they are for the Deutschbund, thats 100%. But i don't think there was a Jugendbund in the Deutschbund

Excellent, thanks Jo. I always take his listings with a pinch of salt anyway, however it's good to know that these are at least linked to the group, if not the youth section (if there was one).

Thanks for the image henrik.

I'm wondering whether by he might mean the 'Deutschjugend'. This is listed as a non-religious youth organisation which was still in existence in 1939. There is possibly a link there because the Deutschbund existed throughout the TR period. Just a theory on the Deutschjugend though as I can't find anything more on it.

Back