Klaus Butschek should know better. Fake HJ membership badge for sale

My personal opinion is that if a successful dealer like Butschek or any of the others can't even spot a Morigi fake or a "coffin" pin base or obvious stuff of that nature then they most definitely should be blamed. They should be blamed for allowing elementary, schoolboy errors to happen and for expecting the collecting public to swallow absolute crap like the "Hitler Youth Axe" and the "Hitler Youth" axe/screwdriver combo and the "DJ" knife and the "late-1920s" HJ knife etc etc. We may laugh at such incompetence but they are laughing straight back as they see a legion of collectors willing to excuse every mistake just because most of an inventory is okay and the dealer gets stuff packaged and to your door in 40 nanoseconds. It's what is inside that express delivery package that counts.

well said that man.
Like i said before its the young or new (and the stupid as well ) who will get burned.I dont feel sorry for the stupid but the new collectors i do.
They have to learn yet that this hoby as fun as it is ,does have a lot to bastards ready to find them and take them for all they have.Problem when they get burned deep they will go and not return .Problem is they dont go to these good fourms first.They go to some shister dealer that will give a young lad a story of how this was prised from a dying Generals hand with a bayonet by a commando .blagh bloody blagh
As Gary says its what s in the package that matters.A wrapped turd is still a wrapped turd.
Regards Pete
PS yes Jo sorry to say still got some bad blood about them.The breathing and the ying and yang didnt work LOL

Here is another clunker from Klaus. As these fakes have been exposed everywhere there is just no excuse for this being listed in his auction without being described as a fake or fantasy item.

Description reads:

"HJ membership badge. Very interest orange color. Nice condition. No chips or damage. Maker marked. Ges.Gesch. marked + Otto Hoffmann maker marked. Please see pictures for more details."

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Klaus

Here is another clunker from Klaus. As these fakes have been exposed everywhere there is just no excuse for this being listed in his auction without being described as a fake or fantasy item.

Description reads:

"HJ membership badge. Very interest orange colour. Nice condition. No chips or damage. Maker marked. Ges.Gesch. marked + Otto Hoffmann maker marked. Please see pictures for more details."
Would seem to me to say that he is giving the collectors the middle finger.
As you say these are the obvious fakes ( he knows but just dosn't care)
He has been told by members here .

Have a great weekend guys.Sun is out here and i think i will go to the allotment and get my potatoes in. regards Pete

...there is just no excuse for this being listed in his auction without being described as a fake or fantasy item.

Makes you wonder doesn't it... The enigmatic use of the word "interesting" annoyed me. Gives the impression that an expert looked at it, rubbed his learned chin for a moment before giving his verdict of "interesting".

Yes Garry, the description is vague at best, no mention of originality and not called a fake either. Very clever way to absolve responsibility IMO.

Should I try to get it and after ask for a COA???:lol: Maybe it certifies that it is a fantasy item?

Honestly, this is a clear fantasy Item, there is nothing to be discussed, what is he thinking?

Regards

Antonio

well guys one thing is for sure.With the way the word play is used ,if he gives this up he will have a great career as a politician.:biggrin1:

he knows its bad thats why it only has a €20 start price, dont understand the point of ruining your integrity for €20

The people who i feel the most sorry for are the collectors who've just started in the hobby, as they're the ones most likely to be taken in by these type of badges, whether from Klaus Butschek or a different dealer who really should know better.
Can't they see that by selling this rubbish they're destroying their own reputations just for the sake of a few €$£'s?! :nono:
It'll cost them more in the long run by losing out on sales to collectors who won't put up with their crap.

The people who i feel the most sorry for are the collectors who've just started in the hobby, as they're the ones most likely to be taken in by these type of badges, whether from Klaus Butschek or a different dealer who really should know better.
Can't they see that by selling this rubbish they're destroying their own reputations just for the sake of a few €$£'s?! :nono:
It'll cost them more in the long run by losing out on sales to collectors who won't put up with their crap.

Well said that man .Also do these people not realise that if you burn a few young collectors they may well leave the hobby.
This in turn will have a knock on effect to dealers all over,and no new blood in the hobby will be a death nail for it.
Let alone their pockets.Is the greed so blind? (probably is )

Last edited:
Back